chapter eight

| 8 |

soobin watches beomgyu sprint out the door hurriedly, almost running into the doorframe with how fast he sprinted.

as someone would expect, soobin should've followed.... he should've ran after beomgyu to chase yeonjun as well, in hopes to stop him before he'd be gone forever again.

but he's stuck.

he's frozen.

the shock caused him to feel numb, his eyes still blazing into the spot yeonjun once stood, his chest stilled with low, shuddered breaths.

he parts his lips, letting out a shaky sigh as he focuses his eyes ahead, too shocked to even hear hueningkai and taehyun try to talk him out of whatever trance he was in.

"what do we do, hyung?" hueningkai looks at taehyun, a frightened look on his face.

"why didn't you hide him?" taehyun ignores hueningkai's question, staring at him harshly, "you knew i was bringing them both home,"

"i knew you were bringing beomgyu... but soobin hyung too?!" hueningkai looks at taehyun pleadingly, "i didn't know you'd bring soobin hyung with you!" he says, "i just thought you were picking up beomgyu.... i wanted to start off slow..."

"start off slow?"

"he hasn't seen them in a year and a half, hyung," hueningkai sighs, "i just thought-"

"you should've waited until he said he was ready," taehyun looks at the youngest with a stern look, "you knew he wasn't ready but kept him here when you knew i was bringing beomgyu hyung home,"

hueningkai sighs, "i-i'm sorry,"

"just-" taehyun sighs, closing his eyes to collect himself, "just go... you've done enough," he looks in hueningkai's direction.

hueningkai looks taken aback, his brows slightly raised. but then they fall, a sour, saddened expression lacing his face.

"o-okay," he backs up a bit, biting his quivering lip, "i'm sorry," he says again, shrugging, "i-i just wanted us to all be together again,"

taehyun blinks. and hueningkai leaves, shutting his bedroom door behind him.

taehyun lets out a breath of air, looking down before lifting his head, taking a couple steps forward, "soobin hyung?"

soobin just stands there, shocked, his lips still parted in surprise.

"soobin hyung," taehyun says again, swallowing, "please, get it together," he snaps his fingers around soobin's ears, "please,"

soobin shakes his head, still looking forward, "i-" he finally says at least something, "i cant..." he doesn't know what to say, the shock blocking words from leaving between his lips.

"it's okay," taehyun rubs up and down soobin's back soothingly, "everything's gonna be okay in the end... i promise," he nods.

soobin turns his head, looking at the blonde, "i..." he still struggles with what to say, "p-pink.... his hair was...." soobin sounds drunk, "w-was that r-really him?" he finally forms a proper sentence.

taehyun sighs, nodding. 

soobin looks away, taking a deep breath, his exhale coming out stuttered, lacking of any type of smoothness.

"i..." he looks around, lips quivering. he shakes his head roughly, looking away from taehyun, face looking distraught.

"hyung?" taehyun watches soobin stumble away from him.

"i gotta-" soobin grabs his keys from the hook with trembling hands, speed walking towards the door, almost tripping over his own feet, "i gotta go,"

and then he's out the door, just like that.

taehyun sighs softly in stress, falling back until he hits the couch. he closes his eyes, leaning forward to tangle his fingers in his hair, pulling lightly in frustration.

everyone's split up.

what happens now?