chapter thirty - two

| 32 |

it was about an hour or two later, and everyone was asleep.

well, not everyone.

aside from yeonjun and soobin, everyone else was sleeping soundly, wooyoung huddled up in  hueningkai's room as well, snoring away.

in soobin's room, they both laid there, yeonjun and soobin.

right when they had gotten home, soobin had plopped down on the bed, letting out a long sigh, and a groaned, i'm exhausted.

yeonjun had just shaken his head with a giggle, sliding onto soobin's bed next to him, crawling until he found himself comfortable, his head finding itself resting on soobin's chest.

"you should stay the night again tomorrow," soobin says, fingers threading through yeonjun's pink locks, "and the next day.... and the next day...."

yeonjun just hums, "you know i have my own place, right?"

soobin raises his brows, "where at?"

"i'm staying with wooyoung," yeonjun's finger traces circles on soobin's arm, "after... you know...." a gulp, and soobin nods shyly, "i immediately flew to the states... my family lives there, and i... i just needed someone to comfort me. even though i knew damn well i was too selfish to deserve it,"

soobin nods, listening.

"and then, about a month ago, i came back. i missed this place," yeonjun smiles into soobin's chest, "i felt so out of place when i left... and when i came back.... it was like nothing ever changed,"

soobin smiles softly, crooking his head down to take a peek at yeonjun. he pushes the hair away from his eyes, "i'm glad you're back,"

yeonjun smiles, sighing as he tilts his head up, chin resting on his hands, eyes sparkling up at soobin's, "just so you know," yeonjun gulps, "i don't know what we are...."

"me neither," soobin shrugs, holding yeonjun closer, "i just know that i never want you to leave again,"

yeonjun bites his lip, taking a breath, "i don't want to jump right into things, okay?" he clenches his teeth, hissing softly, "i don't want to make beomgyu any more uncomfortable than he already seems. i don't want to rub salt on the old wound and make it sting again,"

soobin takes a moment before nodding, "just know," soobin swallows, looking up at the ceiling, "just because i told you i loved you a year and a half ago... doesn't mean you need to reciprocate those feelings,"

yeonjun stays silent.

"i don't want you to force yourself to love me," soobin says.

yeonjun takes his lip between his teeth, sighing softly under his breath, no words falling past his lips still.

"and, if you still like gyu... go for it," yeonjun raises his brows at soobin's words, body tensing up, "i don't want my nagging feelings to get in the way or hold yours back,"

yeonjun sits up a bit, just enough to meet soobin's eyes, "don't ever talk about your feelings like that," he frowns, "your feelings matter just as much as everyone else's,"

soobin smiles, lifting a hand to slide up and down yeonjun's back, "i know," he takes his lip between his teeth before releasing it, looking into yeonjun's eyes.

"that's why i'm telling you to go back to beomgyu if you need to,"