chapter four

| 4 |

ever since yeonjun found out hueningkai had spilled the news that he was back, yeonjun had been silent. he didn't bother picking up the phone when the younger called, and he certainly didn't check the millions of messages the boy was sending him either.

he felt betrayed. and yeah, maybe he finally deserved to feel how that felt after so long. and now he hates himself even more, because the feeling of betrayal... it sucked.

he told hueningkai not to tell anybody he was back. he told hueningkai to keep his existence a secret until he was ready.

and the boy didn't even do that.

now, his phone dings again, his eyes darting to the device on the picnic table, his muscles not bothering to move as he finally watches the screen fade to black again.

"you really should text him back," his friend, wooyoung, says, sighing deeply as he looks at yeonjun, eyes flickering between the phone and the older.

yeonjun scoffs, "text him back?" he leans forward, looking wooyoung in the eye, "he did the one thing i desperately begged him not to do,"

wooyoung sighs, "that doesn't mean you should fully ignore him," the boy frowns, looking at yeonjun as he plays with the tip of the straw in his drink, "hear him out. i mean... they do all want to see you again,"

"woo," yeonjun places his hands on the table, face twisted in obviousness, "i haven't seen them all since that night," he tells wooyoung, "i don't even know how i faced hueningkai without passing out,"

"hyung," wooyoung tilts his head to the side with a cocked brow, "not to rush you, but..." he hisses through his teeth, "it's been a year and a half,"

"i know, i know," yeonjun groans, throwing his head in his hands, "i know it's been a while, but..." he sighs, not knowing what to say as he rests his chin on his interlaced hands, thinking.

"i just know beomgyu misses you, hyung,"

yeonjun scoffs, pouting his lip as he swirls the straw in his cup, "you're no help, wooyoung," he scoffs, "and you haven't even seen beomgyu since before college,"

"it's not my fault i decided to go to a different college,"

"yeah..." yeonjun says, smiling after a minute. he looks up at wooyoung, eyes all doe like and sparkly, "and did i mention i missed you?"

"a thousand times," wooyoung groans, "well.... a thousand and one now,"

"c'mon, i know you missed me too,"

"just because you were my first kiss when i was thirteen doesn't mean i'm in love with you, hyung," wooyoung rolls his eyes, sipping his drink.

"oh come on!" yeonjun throws his hands in the air, leaning back in his chair, "that was literally in middle school! i barely knew what dating was!"

"still my first kiss though," wooyoung shrugs.

"it wasn't bad though, right?"

"it was decent for a middle schooler,"

yeonjun scoffs, "you're brutal," he crosses his arms, shaking his head in annoyance.

he sighs after a minute or so, leaning on the table before looking up at wooyoung with puppy eyes, "why can't we just date?" he whines, "it would be so much easier than trying to find someone else,"

"absolutely not,"

"oh come on!" yeonjun whines, "it would make so much sense!"

"it would've made sense for you to ask me in middle school,"

"ayeee," yeonjun raises his brows, cocky all of a sudden as he leans back in his seat, "had a crush on me, huh?"

"that's when i didn't know the difference between being horny and being in love..." wooyoung says, "you had a shot but you lost it," he shrugs, bringing his drink to his lips, "sucks to suck,"

"come on," yeonjun pouts, huffing.

"stay mad," wooyoung looks at him, "you missed out on this gorgeous bod," he hums, sliding his hands up and down his torso.

"you're embarrassing,"

"i only speak the truth,"

"you're literally feeling yourself up outside of a cafe where nice families eat breakfast,"

"just because no one else will,"

yeonjun shrugs, "i offered,"

"absolutely not,"

"damn," yeonjun holds his hand to his chest with a pained groan, "whats with all the rejection today? you're bruising my ego,"

"your ego's already bruised,"

yeonjun scoffs, "this dark humor really hurts,"

"told you i only speak facts," wooyoung smiles, crossing his arms with a smile yeonjun can only point out as annoying.

he rolls his eyes.

"but seriously, hyung," wooyoung sighs, looking the older in the eye, "you really need to see them again... whether you like it or not,"

yeonjun frowns.

"do it for them... they deserve at least that much," he frowns, "beomgyu especially,"

yeonjun bites the inside of his cheek, sighing with a small nod, "i know..." the next sigh falling past his lips comes out shaky, "i know,"