chapter thirteen

| 13 |

it felt like years they stared at each other.

yeonjun was still frozen, his heart beating rapidly as he watched soobin tremble in front of him, his eyes spewing tears, his cheeks flushed.

he looked shocked, happy, sad, and relieved all at once.

"jun," he takes a step forward.

but yeonjun shoots up, gasping as he gulps. he watches soobin falter his steps, eventually coming to a stop when yeonjun raises a hand.

"s-stop," yeonjun shakes his head, breathing heavily as he eyes soobin up and down, as if to make sure he was real or not, "don't come any closer,"

a pause.

soobin sniffles, smiling brokenly as a small chuckle falls past his lips, his eyes glossed with emotions, tear streaks on his face.

"you look different,"

yeonjun gulps, leaning as far away as he can from soobin, his lower back pressed uncomfortably against the cold surface of the bar.

"well that's what time does, genius," yeonjun says, swallowing down his nervousness, puffing out air from between his lips to blow his pink strands away, "aging is a thing,"

soobin smiles, chuckling.

"i missed you so much,"

yeonjun falters for a moment, a piece of his soul going soft at the mere sight of soobin looking so happy, so sad and relieved.

but...

he can't do this.

he can't.

physically and emotionally, he can't.

yeonjun shakes his head, tears beaming in his eyes.

and before both of them know it, yeonjun's darting towards the front door, pushing it open, hoping never to be seen again.

just as he had hoped the first time.

but look how that turned out.