| prologue |

| prologue |

hueningkai sighed, taking a bite out of his corn dog angrily.

he was tired and just wanted to go home and take the fattest nap of his life. but then he perked up, raising his brows as he chewed.

okay, maybe he'd buy another corndog, and then go home. or, maybe he'd just buy corn dogs until his sister finished in the restroom.

he throws his empty stick on the table, wiping his lips with the back of his sleeve. he wanted another, there was some type of crack in these corn dogs for sure, he thought.

so he stood, yelping when he collided with someone, "sorry!" he muttered a small apology, turning to look at the person, only for his heart and stomach to completely fall to the floor in shock.

the boy in front of him widened his eyes, lips falling open in shock as he stared at hueningkai, the boy all too familiar, and he had promised himself he didn't want to remember his college years at all.

"fuck,"

"yeonjun," hueningkai felt stuck, raising a trembling finger as he pointed, "y-you're yeonjun,"

the boy gulped, shaking his head, "uh-uh! not me!" he lifted up his hood again, speed walking out of the corn dog place, hueningkai following, not without promising he'd definitely be back for more though.

the cashier just nodded and laughed as she watched hueningkai chase the hooded boy.

"stop!" hueningkai eventually catches up, raising a hand to grip the boy's hood, yanking on the material, forcing him to stop as his head flies back.

"yah!" the boy exclaims, pushing hueningkai's hand off his head, throwing his hood back over his eyes, "you're wrong! i'm not who you think!"

"yeonjun!" hueningkai looks at the boy, managing to push the hood off his head, meeting the said boy's dark eyes, "it's..." he gulps, taking a couple steps forward in shock....

"it's really you,"

the boy grits his teeth, looking down with a defeated slump of his shoulders, a groaned sigh falling past his lips.

"hi, kai," yeonjun breathes, "it's been a while,"

hueningkai just scoffs in disbelief.

in a world everyone thought was filled with so much TRANQUILITY, memories were stained red, abused with trauma and unwanted memories.

some might even say the red resembled a CHERRY.