chapter six

| 6 |

"i missed you so much,"

yeonjun snorts out a laugh, shaking his head as he pulls his drink away from his lips. he sets it down on the coffee table, leaning back with a chuckle.

"that's your twelfth time saying that,"

"i know, i know," hueningkai sighs, smiling, "i just missed you,"

yeonjun blinks, "now it's thirteen,"

"shut up," hueningkai slaps yeonjun's bicep, an annoyed look on his face, "i'm just kindly letting you know that i missed you,"

yeonjun looks at him, lips slowly curling up into an amused grin.

"fourteen now,"

hueningkai rolls his eyes, letting out an obnoxious groan, falling back against the couch cushions in frustration, "you're so annoying,"

"i'm not the one telling someone i missed them every two seconds,"

"is it so wrong for me to say that i missed you?" hueningkai widens his eyes when he speaks, a look of dread falling onto his expression, "wait-"

"fifteen,"

"god damn it," hueningkai groans, sliding down the couch cushion.

yeonjun laughs.

it quiets down after a moment, and yeonjun suddenly feels sentimental, the emotion hitting him. a happy one though.

he trails a hand to grab hueningkai's, smiling as he cups the younger's hands in his own, "thank you, kai," he says, looking the boy in the eye, "and i missed you too,"

hueningkai smiles, cheeks flushed, "i'm glad you're back, hyung," his grin is huge in happiness, "i almost forgot what you looked like,"

yeonjun chuckles, lightly pushing the boy's shoulder.

but like a chapter of a fanfiction or a cheesy comic, all good things soon come to an end.

all hell goes loose when yeonjun hears muffled voices, the sounds of footsteps quickly approaching the apartment's front door bone chilling.

"k-kai...?"

hueningkai chokes, shooting up from his spot in an instant, as if a coin of realization just hit him right in the head, "o-oh m-my- go!" he whisper shouts, pushing yeonjun to the nearest door. he opens it, pushing yeonjun inside before he can blink.

"kai, what the hell-"

the door's slammed in his face, his body jolting back in fear of getting hit.

he furrows his brows, looking around the small space, hangers and clothing tickling his cheeks.

though it was slightly muffled, yeonjun hears a door close even through the thickness of the closet door he was in.

he leans forward a bit, pressing his ear to the door.

"i'm back!" he hears a voice shout, and he furrows his brows, feeling as if that voice seemed a bit familiar. well, it sounded like it at least.

"h-hi," he hears hueningkai spit out, "n-nice to see you again.... s-so unexpected," the boy chuckles awkwardly.

"you did see me leave to go pick him up earlier, right?" yeonjun thinks taehyun said this, "i even told you i called him.... and you heard the conversation too..."

a pause.

"y-yeah..." hueningkai coughs, "i was.. was just... uhm," yeonjun shudders, eyes wide as he listens to hueningkai struggle with what to say.

"you're so weird," he hears the unfamiliar yet familiar voice speak again, "but i missed it so much!"

then he hears grunts and giggles, as if someone were getting pulled into an awkward, yet exciting filled hug.

"i missed all of you,"

yeonjun tilts his head to the side in frustration, his head hurting and pounding at the mere thought of this person's voice, the tone sounding so close to him... yet far away at the same time.

a chuckle, "so, is nobody gonna say they missed me?"

yeonjun freezes, breath stopping.

he chokes, stumbling a bit, gripping the wall.

that voice.

that.... voice.

_

"long time no see, cherry,"

yeonjun lifts his head at the familiar voice, eyes widening when they land on him, the tall boy walking over with his hands in his pockets.

yeonjun brushes off his nerves, deciding to play it cool, "cherry?" he laughs, "where'd that come from?"

the redhead chuckles, taking a seat on the curb next to yeonjun, sighing into the night, his breath seen in the air, "your lips are always naturally red," he smiles, looking over, "like a cherry,"

a pause.

yeonjun just slowly grins, looking away with a snicker. he shakes his head, bringing the cigarette between his lips again.

_

yeonjun gasps in complete and utter shock, his hand twisting the knob roughly, the door pushed open in seconds, slamming against the drywall harshly.

and yeonjun's chest caves in as he stutters in his spot, his shocked eyes landing on the two people he thought he would never see again.

hueningkai looks like he just shit himself, a hand covering his face, his eyes blown as wide as dinner plates.

and taehyun just stands there, looking away with a soft sigh.

yeonjun's eyes trail to the taller first.

there soobin stands, looking as perfect as ever. nothing had changed about him, except for his hair, the ruby red now a soft blue.

soobin looks like he's just seen a ghost, and his jaw was flown open, his eyes even wider than hueningkai's, his chest frozen in shock, lungs shuddering.

then, yeonjun's eyes trail to the brunette.

there stands beomgyu, a visible tear of shock falling down his right cheek, his arms still up by his sides, his earlier conversation having been interrupted by a pink haired boy he hadn't seen in a year and a half.

but then, yeonjun's lip quivers and he begins to breathe heavily.

he feels hot tears run down his cheeks, his shocked expression soon turning into a look of panic, his face laced in utter fear and stress.

he stumbles back, shaking his head frantically with low whines, his eyes flickering between soobin and beomgyu painfully.

and before anyone can say anything, he's bolting out the door, leaving the shocked group of people in a dead silent room.