chapter forty - nine

| 49 |

"y'know, just because you put a bag over my face doesn't mean you're immediately attractive," taehyun huffs, scrunching his face at the smell, "you're still ugly even if i'm blind-"

"taehyun, would you shut it!" soobin whisper shouts, lifting his restrained leg the best he can to kick taehyun in the shin, the blonde boy crying out a hushed curse.

"don't kick me!" taehyun whispers back, turning his head towards soobin, even though his vision was blinded by the bag over his head.

"shut up, both of you!" taehyun hears the leader grumble out, and he can almost see him rub his temples on annoyance, "don't speak any further,"

"why did the world give us a voice then?"

taehyun's face flings to the side at the harsh slap thrown his way, a wheezed chuckle falling past his lips as he turns his head back, "it doesn't really hurt when my face is covered, y'know?"

he hears the man scoff, footsteps walking away as he groans, cursing in frustration under his breath, "bitch,"

"hyung, what are you doing?" hueningkai kicks taehyun's leg a little softer, as if to nudge whatever attitude taehyun had out of him.

"we have to stand our ground," taehyun nods, "we can let them see us as weak... it'll put them at a higher advantage,"

"as if you didn't get shot last time because of that!" hueningkai shouts under his breath, "your bitchass attitude might be the thing that kills us!"

wooyoung sits on the far end of the three, shivering in fear.

the chairs the four sat in were lined up in the large living room, wooyoung on the end, then hueningkai, then taehyun, then finally soobin.

"take this shit off, i cant breathe,"

the leader groans, walking over with a roll of his eyes. the bag is slipped off taehyun's head moments later, the cool oxygen of the room making its way into his system.

"god, that stunk,"

"would it kill you to tone down the sass?" hueningkai rolls his eyes, eyes boggled as he shakes his head in disbelief, "wow, i cant believe i'm the one saying that-"

"shut the fuck up! all of you!" the leader grits his teeth, all four hostages watching how the man's fingers twitch to grip the obvious weapon slipped in his jacket's pocket.

it's silent now.

the man groans, rubbing his temples, "what the fuck is taking those little shits so long?" the man seems irritated, breathing heavily in frustration.

one of his minions walk over, raising a hand to cup his mouth as he whispers in the leader's ear, and taehyun feels himself shiver at the evil smile that coats the man's face moments later.

the leader grins like an idiot, turning to the four tied up in the chairs, limbs secured on the arms of the chairs, as well as their legs.

"looks like our visitor has finally arrived, hmm?"

soobin bites his lip at that, turning his head to look at everyone next to him. wooyoung still seemed frightened and confused, hueningkai was just silent in disbelief, and soobin gulped at the obvious break of nervousness in taehyun's expression.

just as he attempts to calm himself down, soobin's sitting straight when he hears a door slam, a few pairs of rushed footsteps followed after.

"you know what would be super cliche?" taehyun somehow chuckles through the situation, "if you were someone we knew or something... that'd be such a twist if this was a book,"

the man grins, taehyun tilting his head curiously.

but before he can act on his suspicion, those rushed footsteps come to a stop, yeonjun's hand slapping the doorframe harshly as he breathes quickly, beomgyu only a few beats behind him.

and yeonjun felt his whole world cave in as he looked at the man, visible tears building up in his eyes at the mere sight.

fright.

shock.

"jun," soobin says softly, sitting up as best as he can to meet yeonjun's eyes, in hopes to break him out of whatever trance he was in.

and yeonjun thankfully does break, flickering his eyes towards soobin, his lips quivering, body and entire aura overwhelmed.

"taehyun," beomgyu parts his lips, breathing quicker as he tries to bolt forward at the mere sight of taehyun restrained without his consent, only groaning in annoyance when a couple men hold him back.

yeonjun looks over, eyeing wooyoung, a quivered frown falling on his face as he looks at his friend, his heart broken at the sight of so much fear.

wooyoung meets his eyes as well, all whilst crying silently to himself. and yeonjun's heart broke right there as he looked at him, wooyoung's expression seeming detailed, as if he were thinking about everything that happened in his life, people he met... people he wanted to. his family, his friends.. his life.

as if he were reminiscing. 

"let them go," yeonjun chokes, making the mistake of looking at hueningkai's drained face before turning back to the man, the sight alone making him shake, "t-they did nothing to you.... this is an issue between you and i... there's no need for any of this,"

the leader chuckles, cocking his head to the side psychotically, "well, i guess you're right, hmm?" he smirks, eyes trailing up and down yeonjun's figure as he takes a few steps forward.

"a father and son should spend as much time as they can together," he grins, "right?"