chapter thirty - five

| 35 |

taehyun sits quietly, the far end of his temple pressed against the cold metal bar of the cell, his hands on his lap, body placed on a bench as he sat silently.

the officers had gotten him to calm down a while ago, and because of the small incident he caused, they told him they'd have to suppress him inside one of the station cells overnight, just to cool him down.

taehyun was emotionless, his face horribly numb as he stilled against the bars, body leaning for any sort of comfort, one in which he never found.

only the chill of the cold metal bars kept him company.

he was anticipating what was to come. as he had overheard one of the officers calling his residence.

he didn't know who would pick up the phone. hueningkai? beomgyu? yeonjun? soobin? he didn't know.

but overall he knew.... he knew that he didn't want any of them to come here, he didn't want any of them to see him like this, all locked up overnight in a jail cell.

but alas....

"what the fuck, tyun,"

taehyun lifts his head, blinking slowly, a sigh escaping his nostrils, eyes coming in contact with the four people he just thought about.

"what are you doing here?" yeonjun asks, furrowing his brows.

taehyun just looks at yeonjun, looking as if he wanted to speak. but after a moment or so, he looks away, shaking his head.

the officer next to the four had cleared his throat, "mr.choi had made a scene a while back, so we decided to coop him up in here for the night," the officer nods at everyone, "he'll be out at 7, someone please pick him up if you aren't busy,"

"kang," taehyun speaks softly, not even bothering to
look up, "it's kang,"

everyone looks confused, only to shrug it off moments later when the officer walks away. then, they all turn to taehyun again.

"taehyun,"

taehyun doesn't look up, instead stares at the floor, eyes burning from not blinking.

"taehyun, why are you here?" soobin asks, leaning down a bit, in hopes to meet the boy's emotionless eyes.

taehyun still doesn't talk, facing the ground as he leans on the side of the cell, hands nicely placed in his lap.

soobin frowns, standing back to his height. he looks at the others, "what are we supposed to do?" he sounds defeated, "he won't talk," he glances at taehyun again, sighing softly.

"should one of us stay the night?" hueningkai asks, shrugging when he gets confused looks, "i mean, we shouldn't leave him alone like this..."

a pause.

"i will," beomgyu raises his hand up a bit, not meeting anyone's eyes, his attention fixated on taehyun, the blonde boy zoned out deeply.

hueningkai raises his brows, "you?"

beomgyu shrugs, "i'm not busy,"

everyone looks at taehyun again, sad looks on their faces as they stare at the emotionless boy, his blonde hair still pressed against the bars as he blinked slowly at the ground.

beomgyu sighs, folding his lips together with a nod.

"i'll stay,"