chapter thirty

| 30 |

taehyun lets out a sigh, downing his fourth beer, throat burning at the horrid taste, lips coated in the bitter taste of alcohol.

"you should slow down,"

taehyun lifts his head, eyes locking with wooyoung's. the said boy smiles softly, taking a seat in front of taehyun.

taehyun takes his tongue between his teeth, sighing in content, "i don't deserve to feel like shit," he groans, "i have nothing to be upset about,"

wooyoung frowns, tilting his head as if the truth were obvious, "c'mon," taehyun meets his eyes again, "it's so obvious the way you look at him,"

taehyun finds himself not saying anything, instead, letting his eyes flicker across the club, the bright lights bouncing off beomgyu's glistening aura, the boy hunched over, still swirling the toothpick in his glass.

taehyun sighs, looking away.

"he was the thing you wanted to forget that night, am i right?" wooyoung asks, brows raised gently, as if he were afraid he might be stepping too far.

"he doesn't like me," taehyun sighs in defeat, clinking his nails on his beer bottle, "he barely notices i'm in the room half the time. and when he does...." taehyun trails, breath shaky, "he only sees me as a friend, nothing more,"

"kiss me then,"

taehyun whips his head to face wooyoung, his eyes widened a bit, "what?"

"kiss me and see if he has a reaction,"

taehyun bites the inside of his cheek, seeming as if to be thinking about it for a while. he eventually bites his lip, eyes flickering in beomgyu's direction again.

the boy looked bored out of his mind.

so, taehyun turns back to wooyoung, gulping as he slides a hand across the table, surprising wooyoung when the blonde glides fingers along the soft skin of his palm.

wooyoung parts his lips, gulping.

"i'm trying to get him to look over," taehyun whispers under his breath, and if wooyoung wasn't paying attention, he wouldn't have heard him over the music.

wooyoung nods.

across the bar, beomgyu visibly sighs, sitting straight on the bar stool, his eyes scanning the room in sign of any cure of the boredom that gnawed at him, whatsoever.

he eventually looks their way.

"shit, go,"

taehyun shoots up out of his seat, leaning across the table to slam his lips against wooyoung's, a surprised whine slipping from wooyoung, only to get engulfed by taehyun's lips on his.

they find themselves melting into it a bit, and wooyoung almost frowns when taehyun pulls away.

taehyun breathes heavily, looking across the room again.

beomgyu was gone.

his seat was completely empty, the stool swirling around as if he had got up and ran away in a state taehyun couldn't lay his finger on even in his imagination.

he sighs deeply in defeat once again, slowly lowering to sit back down in his seat.

"he gone?" wooyoung folds his lips together, feeling bad for the boy.

taehyun sighs softly, nodding.

"yeah,"