Chapter 148 - Prison

Start from the beginning

"Look where you are, in the deepest prison of the Kingdom. All because you messed with his majesty!" This time, his anger switched into joy and laughter filled the floor.

The echoes of his daunting voice were frightening enough to spook the lady.

"You should've listened to me... The moment I warned you before after his majesty returned me to the kingdom, you should've taken my advice..." He murmured again and slid down the metal fences.

There were chains on his feet, hands, and neck. His clothes were dirty just like hers but Caspian's was stained with remnants of blood.

"But you did not... You foolish woman!" He banged the gates again and Elena cowered further in her cell.

"Foolish! Foolish! Absolutely foolish!" He repeated again and again while also hitting his head with the metal handcuffs laced around his hands.

"I should've just killed myself the moment his majesty tasked me to return here... I should have just slit my throat and let my dirty blood gush out like a river! That way..." His gaze then slowly shifted towards the terrified Elena.

"That way he will forgive me for what I have done. His majesty will no longer punish me with the flames...." He scratched the moss off the floor and held it in his hands.

"But you... a foolish and daunting woman dared to challenge him! HA!" He mocked and threw the pile of moss in his hands in Elena's cell and it hit the lady's feet making her shriek from the disgusting feeling.

Soon, silence followed Caspian's rumbling and Elena could only shake her entire body in fear.

---

The Crown Prince stood in front of the cell with his sword dripping crimson liquid. His face was contorted into an expressionless façade but with how he gripped the weapon, one could easily tell he was furious.

Right in front of him laid his attendant.

The rightful and outstanding attendant, Caspian Von Edenburgh, who had just been found in the kingdom a few hours ago.

"Y-Your Highness, why are we punishing Sir Caspian? S-Shouldn't we welcome him back?" Elena inquired as she gazed at the attendant's bruised and wounded body.

But Asher did not respond and simply continued to glare at the wounded attendant.

"Y-Your h-high...ness..." Caspian called and Asher's anger flared.

"Remove the Edenburgh family from the list of aristocrats supporting the Royal Family. Strip them of their status and confiscate their wealth!" He demanded and the knights behind him quickly moved.

"In the name of Pier Alexander Belmiunde, the young master of the House of Masters, I shall punish Caspian Von Edenburgh for uncountable attempts of attempted assault towards the former!" Asher announced and the torture commenced once again.

Elena could only watch for tens of minutes until blood pooled on the floor.

When Asher was finally done torturing Caspian, he left and Elena was about to follow when Caspian called out to her.

"L-Lady..."

She stopped in her tracks.

"His majesty... do... d-do not mess with his majesty! Y-You will end up like me..." He breathed hard and was close to dying but Elena chose to ignore the attendant's words.

She left him heaving for breath in the cell.

---

"Hahaha... look at you... I told you, you will end up like me if you messed with his majesty!" Caspian's evil laughter echoed through the walls once more.