Chapter 1-Her Hand

Start from the beginning

"You ok?" she asked as the Grimm dust surrounded her, making her look all the more elegant.

"I think so," I responded nervously. "Thanks for that."

She smiled at me. "Anytime."

Ruby's POV:

We all continued to clear out the Grimm using dust, our weapons, and teamwork, and after about 30 minutes, it was just us and one Beowolf left. Unfortunately, our auras were whittled down to the end, one more strike, and it was gone due to the extensive battle.

The Beowolf swung its claws and took out Blake and Yang. Nora and Jaune lunged at it, but it managed to take them down too, not before Jaune could stab its leg with his sword. So now me, Oscar, Weiss, and Ren were all that was left.

Weiss froze its legs, and Ren blasted it repeatedly, but it was covered in thick, bony armor, signifying that it had lived a long life and was intelligent. Finally, it broke free and threw ice at us, hitting Ren in the face and almost breaking his aura.

"Ren!" cried Weiss.

"I'm fine," he winced. "Just keep fighting. It's the last one."

I noticed Oscar's cane glowing. He looked at me, and I nodded. Then, I flashed my silver eyes, a wave of smoke came off it, and it screeched.

"Oscar now!" I shouted.

Oscar blasted it with energy from his cane, but it jumped, flipped and nearly bit off his head. He stabbed it in the throat, and it kicked him into a tree, depleting his aura. Weiss tried to create an ice wall, but it shot a fireball and took her out. It was strange since this kind of Grimm didn't usually shoot fire from its mouth.

She flew into Ren, and they crashed into a tree, knocked unconscious. Now it was just the Grimm and me. I sprinted for its throat, and it struck my precious Crescent Rose out of my hands, and I sucked in hand-to-hand combat. Slowly it backed me to a tree.

"Come on," I said, pleading with it, "it's my birthday tomorrow have a heart." 

But, instead, it charged, ready to kill me, and a shade of green blocked my path and stabbed it with a yell. Then, the Grimm dissolved, and I saw Oscar standing bravely before me.

I blushed and said, "thanks, Oscar."

He turned and grinned, "anything for you besides I wanted to return the favor."

He held out his hand and helped me up. I am so glad that I had him by my side.

Oscars POV:

As we all trudged back home after that intense fight, I couldn't stop thinking about holding Ruby's hand earlier. I watched her walk from behind, looking at how her hair moved and where her hands were.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" a voice whispered in my ear. I jumped and saw Nora's face out of the corner of my eye.

"Dang it, Nora, you scared me!" I whined,

"I'm so sowwy. I didn't mean it, forgive me?" Nora said, pouting, and gave me her signature Nora Valkyrie puppy dog eye.

"Fine."

"Yay. So...what were you thinking about just now?" Nora asked, draping her arm around me, pulling my head close to her chest. I may have gotten taller over the years, but so did everyone else. It was so unfair.

"I wasn't thinking about anything just-"

"Holding her hand?" she asked. I nearly jumped out of my skin when she said that, and I hoped Ruby had not heard. However, she didn't turn around, so she must not be listening. "Oscar, do you like her?"