Ch 30 The Next Big Sting

Blake's POV:

I screamed in pain as the stinger drilled into me and injected that same poison from before inside of me. However, this time instead of just a painful stinging, there was also an intense burning that hurt my ribs and stomach. I clenched the bed covers as the pain intensified, and Adam didn't seem to feel anything other than enjoyment for what he was doing. When he finally retracted the stinger, my body was aching too much to be able to move.

Adam sighed and lay down next to me

"Two down," he said, staring at his watch, "three to go and then the final phase."

I tried crawling away, but he pulled me close, resting his cheek on mine and spooning me in the bed. Ok, time to get some information out of him. I hope this goes well.

"Adam," I wheezed, "why are you doing this? You already worked for Salem before and destroyed Vale and Beacon then you launched that attack on Haven. What more could you want?"

Adam stared at me and then smirked.

"Oh, Blake," he said, rubbing my thigh, "what I want is you. Thought that'd be clear to you by now. And I'm only working for Salem again to have you all to myself."

"Like the way you are doing now?"

"Oh no, Blake. This is for Salem's true plan; I'm leaving after I've done my part."

"So all this, the stinging, the threats, and you threatening to kill me and Yang are all just a part of Salem's plan?"

"Well, not exactly," Adam turned my body so I could face him, "She gave me the freedom to get you however I wanted, and I couldn't help but think that the method I used was...too light. Maybe I should've gone after Yang first and threatened her to give me you.

He squeezed my leg, causing the aching pain to resurface.

"And what about the friend you said Oscar had? Is he here too?"

Adam raised an eyebrow. "Yes, he is. He got here before me, so I don't know how Salem found him, but once she knew of his history with that farmboy friend of yours, she recruited him immediately. I tell ya, that guy is an absolute psychopath. He even gained Tyrian's respect and a little bit of fear. I don't know what it takes to earn Tyrian's fear, but it must've been wild. I'm not sure if I can deal with him. That little boy better be ready for what's coming to him. I promise you it's gonna be one hell of a brawl."

So Scratchclaw's working with Salem, and she has a much bigger plan than just poisoning me; what is she plotting?

"What about the Grimm attacks?" I asked, trying to squirm away from him.

"Oh, sweetie," scoffed Adam, "are you trying to get information out of me? Well, I guess it's unimportant since you can't stop it. After all, I pumped Grimm fluid inside you. When you're not needed anymore, Salem can kill you with the flick of her wrist. I have no idea why she's having the Grimm attack Vale so much; I do know that she's pulling Grimm from other parts of Sanus; I don't know why, though."