Ch 40 Rosegarden Week Dance of Roses

Oscar's POV:

Today, Ruby and I were at Beacon for a sparring session. Ozpin had us work as temporary instructors to help pay for the damages that Ruby's family caused when they tried to kill me. Since I was the cause of it all, I had to be there, although it was hard since Ruby's fan club was in the room, too. Ruby was sparring with some newcomers wielding daggers, gravity discs, and a hammer skinnier than Nora's. Still, it turned into a flail when swung.

Ruby took them all down with ease, even the talented ones. I did the same, though I had a bit of trouble with ones in a group, but I had plenty of experience with being attacked by groups of people. After Ruby and I schooled these kids in combat, Ozpin and Glynda appeared and began to lecture them on how they did.

"You're all improving well," said Ozpin, "though some of you still have a long way to go to reach the level of our experienced huntsmen and huntresses. Keep practicing, hone your skills, and you'll get there. Remember, teamwork and adaptability are crucial in the field."

Glynda, her expression stern, continued the lecture. "Your performance today was commendable, but don't let it get to your heads. Overconfidence can be your downfall. Stay focused, learn from your mistakes, and be aware of your surroundings. Training isn't just about physical strength; it's about mental acuity as well."

"Excellent work, both of you," praised Ozpin, his eyes twinkling with approval. "Your guidance has made a significant impact on these students. They have much to learn, but I have no doubt they'll improve under your mentorship."

"Thank you, Headmaster," Ruby said, beaming with pride. "We're happy to help."

"Now then," said Glynda, "if you two would be so kind as to spar so we can see the fusion of your skills and let it serve as a lesson for these students. Combat is an art, but it requires precision and focus."

Ruby and I exchanged determined glances, understanding the challenge ahead. We took our positions in the center of the training room, scythe and cane at the ready. The other students and some teachers gathered around, their eyes fixed on us, anticipating a spectacle.

"Let's give 'em a show," I said.

"Sure, anything for you," Ruby said, moving her hair out of her eyes, "just know I'm not holding back."

"If you say so, young rose."

"Bring it, Mr. Pine."

The spar began fiercely, Ruby twirling her scythe, Crescent Rose, with practiced ease. I countered her moves with my cane, deflecting her strikes and launching calculated attacks. The clash of metal echoed through the room as we engaged in a dance of blades and skill.

As the spar continued, our movements gradually shifted, becoming more fluid and graceful. Ruby's scythe moved in elegant arcs, and my cane responded in kind, creating a mesmerizing display of synchronicity. We moved together, anticipating each other's actions, our bodies flowing harmoniously. I always knew we were compatible, but this proved I was right. Ruby was definitely my soul mate.

As we spared, the students were captivated, witnessing a beautiful fusion of combat and artistry. The room seemed to fade away, leaving only Ruby and me in our shared world of battle and connection. Our eyes met, and a silent understanding passed between us. We allowed our movements to become even more intricate, twirling, spinning, and dodging with precise coordination. The spar began to feel like a dance, our weapons weaving through the air in a delicate ballet of combat. Every strike, every parry, was executed with finesse and elegance. The onlookers watched in awe as we demonstrated the fluidity of our fight, showcasing the artistry that could be found within the chaos of battle. My thrusts, her blocks, her swings, and my flips, everything we did, every movement and plan we conceived was evenly matched.

I almost wanted to laugh at how much fun this felt, but we had to be professional.

"This is so much fun," giggled Ruby.

OK, never mind then.

Our movements began to pick up, and we hastened our attacks. Our weapons sparked as our auras became increasingly dense with the ferocity of our episodes. Our eyes met in a brief moment of shared determination, both of us fully aware of the other's strength. With a swift spin, Ruby lunged forward, her scythe aimed at my midsection. I twirled my cane, deflecting her attack with precision.

Our weapons clashed repeatedly, the sound echoing through the training room. Ruby's eyes sparkled with excitement, mirroring my determination. We spun and leaped backward and charged in for the final attack. The tip of my cane was pointed at Runy's head, but her scythe's blade was circled around my neck.

"Well, I guess we're evenly matched," Ruby said, her voice laced with a playful tone.

I chuckled, "Seems that way. But I think you went easy on me."

"I would never do such a thing. I'm too cool for that."

Then we saw how the others were looking at us.

"What?" asked Ruby, "it's a spar!"

The students began to applaud crazily for us and cheer.

"Excellent work," said Ozpin, "your movements were very graceful and showed your depth in handling your weapons. Though the way you move seemed more like a dance rather than a sparring session, I guess we could say you pour some art into your behavior. Well done, you two."

Ruby and I left the room as the students began to train to find our friends waiting for us.

"Where'd you come from?" I asked.

"We were here the whole time," said Jaune, "we wanted to check on the cadets."

"And we found two dancing while fighting," Weiss smirked.

"It was so cute!" squealed Nora, "you guys looked like you were having fun, and your movements looked so magical!"

"I guess we're just in sync," Ruby said, gripping my fingers.

I looked around and noticed Yang was nearby, watching us.

"Hey, sis," I said to her, "did you wanna spar or-"

Yang stormed off in one direction and didn't even look at us.

Ruby looked like she wanted to cry.

"OK, that's it," I said, annoyed, "I'm talking to her about this right now!"

"Oscar, no," Ruby grabbed my arm, "don't worry about I'll be fine."

"But she is being so mean! Someone has to talk to her about this."

"And someone will! I will! Just let me deal with her and solve this problem together, as sisters."

I stared at her big, pleading silver eyes and sighed, "OK. You handle it on your own. I just don't want to deal with her bad attitude anymore!"

"Don't worry, Osckie, I have a plan for that."