Ch 32 ...I Can't

Yangs POV:

Blake has been acting weird lately, but I don't know why, and I'm worried. It's been a couple of days since she came home looking sick, and I can't help but think she's hiding something from me. The engagement may be making her like this; I should ask her. And...I still haven't been able to get past seeing Oscar's scars, and I want to talk to her about it. I headed back to the room to check on Blake, and she was lying down in her bed, clutching her stomach.

"Hey babe," I said, "are you ok?"

"Oh hey," said Blake rolling over, "I'm fine, Yang."

"It looks like you have a stomach ache, but you've been having these a lot lately. Is something wrong? You know you can tell me."

"I know, Yang, but I don't feel like talking about it right now," she winced and clutched her stomach again.

"You ok?" I asked more worriedly, "You sound like you're in pain. Do you wanna see a doctor?"

"It's just cramps, honey, don't worry about it."

I sat down next to her, but I didn't know what to say.t

Blake's POV:

It was clear Yang wanted to change the subject right now.

"I don't know what I should do today," I yawned.

"Maybe you could spend some time with the people that miss you," Yang said, rubbing my thigh."

"Maybe I should."

"So, my kitty," she teased, "what do you say to spend some time alone with your favorite blonde?"

"Your dad's not here, though," I said.

"I'll pretend you didn't say that. Anyways let's spend some time together. I've missed you lately."

"I've missed you too."

"You've been spending time with someone else recently."

"You mean Oscar? He and I just...bonded over something, and we grew closer. We've just been hanging out and getting to know each other."

"Oh, speaking of Oscar, were you freaked out seeing those scars on his arm?"

"Yea," I shivered at the thought of seeing them again, "I had no idea he was covering up such a hideous wound. I know he kept a secret from us to protect us, but I didn't think it was something so traumatizing and horrific as that wound."

"Kinda makes you wonder what other secrets he's hiding," Yang scoffed.

"W-what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing's wrong with it, but we've dealt with too many secrets and lies. I mean, did we learn nothing from volume 6?"

"Volume 6 helped us know what we're up against because Oz didn't tell us the Grimm were drawn to the relic. Oscar kept a secret from us because he was trying to protect us. Even if he lied to us, he still had his reasons. Should we trust that it was a good reason, at least in his mind?"

"Are you defending Ozpin or Oscar?" Yang asked, "They both didn't tell us about this grave threat we're about to face and expected to handle it like normal."

"I disagree with what Ozpin did," I said, thinking about how I felt back then, "but Oscar was different. His was from fear and trauma, I can relate to when I didn't tell you guys about the White Fang, so I kind of get why he didn't want to be honest. It's scary when the people we love get involved with our problems and could get hurt or killed. Remember what happened in volume 3? I think that's what he's feeling. Do you think everyone could at least try to understand him?"