156. Fantasia Parade

The Fantasia Parade is finally being held in Magnolia. But Ben can't attend it because he is taking a job with his sisters. He has accepted the job before knowing about the festival, so he can't cancel it.

This is actually Wendy's job and Ben is there to supervise it. Her job is to find some herbs in a dangerous forest located near the Northern mountains range. It is the place where Ben met with Morgbitt.

Not only that place is dangerous, but the herbs are also hard to find, so it will take time to finish. That's why Ben can't attend the Fantasia Parade in Magnolia. He can help Wendy to finish the job faster, but that won't give her the experience that she needs.

They have been searching for 3 days now and still only find half of the required herbs. Some magical creatures have attacked them but Wendy & Carla could defeat most of them. There are a few strong magical creatures that they couldn't defeat, so Ben helped them.

"The parade in Magnolia must've been started now. Sigh, I want to watch it. That must be very fun," says Wendy while walking.

"Right?" asks Bella.

"We can attend it next year or we can attend other festivals in other towns. We have accepted the job, so we need to be professional and finish it," says Carla.

"I know Carla, I won't quit this job just because of that. But it must be fun if we also have a festival in the village," says Wendy.

"What kind of festival that we can hold in our small village?" asks Carla.

"Milk festival!" says Bella while gulping her saliva.

"You just want to get a lot of milk," says Carla while sweatdropping.

They all laugh at it and Ben says, "If you finish the job before afternoon, then maybe we can go to watch it."

"But we've just found half so far," says Wendy while looking down sadly.

"Nothing is impossible if you are serious. Who knows? Maybe you'll find them gathered in one spot," says Ben.

"That's too good to be true, but it can happen," says Carla.

"Alright, let's work harder, Carla," says Wendy with a lifted spirit.

"Go!" says Bella to cheer them up.

They get more serious and search more seriously. Wendy asked Carla to take her flying high in the sky and look around from high POV. She has sharp eyes, so she can cover more areas this way.

But her strategy doesn't work well because many trees block her view. Ben has known this, but he let them do it so they can learn from their mistake. Finally, Carla is the only one who flies while Wendy stays on the ground. They keep working to finish their job as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, the Festival finally started in Magnolia. The first event is a beauty contest named Miss Fairy Tail contest. Some Fairy Tail girls join the contest. They are Mira, Erza, Lucy, Bisca, Cana, Levy, and surprisingly a newly joined Juvia, an ex-member of Phantom Lord.

Juvia has joined Fairy Tail a few days ago together with Gajeel. Makarov accepted them because he thinks they are just following Jose's order. Not everyone can accept that though, it all needs time.

Anyway, the contest has started, but then a problem arises. Evergreen, another Fairy Tail girl suddenly appears and says that she is the winner even though she hasn't officially joined the contest. She suddenly turns the other girls into stone with her Stone Eyes.

Then Laxus, an S-Class Mage of Fairy Tail who is Makarov's grandson suddenly appears too with 2 other Mages, Freed and Bickslow. Everyone questioning Laxus's team's motive for doing this. They have ruined the festival, after all.

But then Laxus says that they will play a game to decide the strongest Fairy Tail Mages. The petrified girls will be hostages so none of them will break the rules. Makarov doesn't approve it, but Laxus ignores his grandfather and keeps going with his plan.

Natsu is getting excited by this game and immediately charges at Laxus. But Laxus strike him with lightning and knock him out in an instant. Evergreen them explain that they need to find and defeat Laxus in 3 hours or the hostages will meet their demise.

Laxus and his group then disappear from the building, starting the game. Everyone rushes out of the building to search for Laxus. Makarov also tries to leave, but something blocks him. Freed has surrounded the building with his enchantments to prevent those above 80 y.o or stone statues to leave.

With no choice, Makarov orders Reedus who remains behind to search for Porlyusica who might have a cure for the petrified girls. Then sometime later, Natsu wakes up and tries to leave, but is unable to do so. It confuses everyone because Natsu isn't 80 y.o yet nor he is a stone statue.

Natsu keeps trying to leave, but he never succeeds. While this happens, fights among comrades start everywhere in the town because of Freed's enchantment traps that forced them to do so. Reedus finally leaves to call for Porlyusica, but sometime later, he gets defeated by Freed.

Meanwhile, Elfman is looking around for Laxus's bodyguards, the Thunder God Tribes. He needs to free his sister from the petrification with a very frightened expression. He is not afraid of Laxus and co, he is afraid of someone else, Ben.

"He'll kill me, he'll kill me, he'll kill me. I need to save my sister or he will really kill me," says Elfman as he runs panicky.

Sometime later, Elfman sees Evergreen and immediately rushes to her. She is the ticket for his sister's freedom, so he needs to defeat her. He usually will shout man this and man that, but he is too panic to say that.

Elfman immediately transforms into his Beast Soul and attacks Evergreen. Ben has trained him a few times and now he can move very fast like a real beast. But he can't surprise Evergreen who already knows that he comes.

Evergreen dodges his attack and then they start their battle. Elfman is closing his eyes to avoid getting petrified and he also shuts his mouth, very untypical of him. But it's all because he keeps remembering Ben's rage that makes him very afraid.

He has fought with Ben once in a training and got beaten up very badly. That experience is so painful that he doesn't want to repeat it. That's why he is very serious now and focus to defeat Evergreen.

Elfman fights well against Evergreen even with his eyes closed. Ben & Mira have trained him to use his beast sense and not just rely on his eyes. All that training is being paid off now because he can fight Evergreen as if he can see with his eyes.

Evergreen attacks him many times, but Elfman is doesn't budge. Being beaten up by Ben and his sister many times in their training has made him a lot tougher. Evergreen's attacks are nothing compared to them. In the end, he defeats Evergreen even though he gets a lot of injuries.

This turn of events surprises Laxus and his group. They never know since when does Elfman gets this strong. This turn of events also gives them a big problem, because the petrified girls are being released after Evergreen's defeat.

Freed says that the game is over because the hostages have been freed. But it just makes Laxus angry as he doesn't want to stop the game. Then he announces something through Freed's enchantments that he will activate Thunder Palace in an hour to prevent the game from stopping.

"If you stop now, then the whole Magnolia will get destroyed," announces Laxus before closing it off.

The Battle of Fairy Tail hasn't finished yet.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 191 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 202 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)

Fairy Tail: Sun Eater - Part 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें