137. New Crafts

Ben creates a few more items using the materials that he bought and collected on his journey. Now he is sure he won't lose to Roubaul at creating magic items. There are many books about magic item crafting in the library, after all.

He made some new sets of clothes because he has grown taller. They were sewed by Aiyana, of course. All his new clothes are made of normal fabric with their unique tribal designs.

Now, Ben wears a white unbuttoned sleeveless shirt and short red pants. They have some colorful dragon heads & claws motives on some parts too. He also has short black sleeves on his forearms and an armband on his left upper arm.

He wanted his usual modern design, but Aiyana was very persistent to make him wear this. So he accepted it and followed the woman's request. She has made these when he was on his journey, after all, so he doesn't have the heart to refuse her request.

After having some new sets of clothes, Ben is modifying some sets of armor. They are made by Morgbitt and are based on the size of the old demon. So they are too big even for Ben because Morgbitt is almost 3 meters high.

He modifies their sizes and designs to his liking. But he doesn't fully change the magic enchanted on them. Ben keeps the original enchantments, but he adds some new ones to improve their powers.

Not just armor, he also modify other magic items that Morgbitt made. Most of them are too big for his use, so he needs to make them smaller. He tries to keep the original design as much as possible, but still adds what he likes.

It takes 2 months for him just to finish modifying Morgbitt's magic items. Now they are more suitable for his use and stronger after he added better enchantments. It's just that he won't use them that often because he rarely uses magic items and there are too many of them.

He doesn't want to sell them even though Morgbitt allowed it. They are Morgbitt's heritage, the only things that he left in this world. There's no way Ben will give them to unknown people even though they pay for them.

"The middle of July, huh? The car will still take time to finish. Maybe it'll finish in August, so I'll just make some new items. It's time to use this thing," says Ben as he takes the meteor that he found after leaving the library.

He plans to make a new sword using this meteor. The sword that he found in his journey is good, but not that suitable with his power. His magic is very hot and the sword can't hold too much heat or it will break.

That's why he will use this meteor that has survived strong heat when it descended from the sky. The blueprint is ready and he has learned the most suitable magic spells as the enchantments. He also has learned the best sword-making method. Now he just needs to start working on it.

Ben starts by heating the meteor with his Heat Magic. Then he keeps hammering it to remove the impurities and get the best pieces from the meteor. He dedicated a full day to it and now the meteor's has size reduced significantly.

From its initial size of a volleyball, now it just has the size of 2 tennis balls. But it is enough to make the sword that Ben wants, more than enough instead. There are some leftover materials that aren't impurities, but their grades are lower, so Ben won't use them.

The next day, he starts to make the sword using the method that he has learned. This method is slow and requires more time than other methods. But the result will be very good and it's not a problem for Ben.

It takes him a week to just finish the blade and it looks very strong already. Then he finished making the handle & scabbard in 2 days because they're rather intricated. He put the pieces together and finally his new sword is ready.

It is a rather big-sized 2 bladed longsword. Its full length is 130 cm, and the widest part of the blade is 10 cm, which is long & wide for a sword. From 130 cm, the blade itself is 100 cm, and the handle is 30 cm.

The blade has blackish color because the meteor is blackish. It is wide on its tip & end with some bold curves along its body. The blade is very sharp, durable, and the most important thing is it can hold very high temperatures.

The handguard is a dragon head that is made of gold. It opens its mouth, so the blade looks like its tongue. It has some sharp teeth too, making it more realistic. This handguard is the one that took the longest to make.

As for the handle, it has scaly patterns with black color and gold linings. It also has a small black lacrima crystal ball that is held by golden dragon claws on its tip. The lacrima is used to store MP to be used when he runs out of it, just like the girls' necklaces.

Ben also doesn't forget about the scabbard and he made it using the wood that he found with Morgbitt. It is a black scabbard with dragon carving made of gold plates and some gold linings. He has a lot of money, so he wants to spend it like stupid rich people sometimes.

"Now I need to choose a name, which I'm not really good at. Well, let's just name you Pendragon, although you're not a pen, hehe," says Ben jokingly.

But then he realizes that his joke is really bad so he looks around to make sure that no one is there. He sighs in relief to find out that he is alone and he swears that he'll never make such a joke again.

After that, Ben test the new sword by using it to cut some trees in the forest. It cuts the trees as if they're tofu and he can infuse his magic on it very easily. Pendragon is a lot better than the sword that he found before.

But he won't throw away that sword because it's still a good sword. It's just not as good as Pendragon that he made with good materials & methods. That sword will be used when he doesn't need to use Pendragon.

After testing the sword, Ben checks the magic car project. It progresses well and will finish in a week. He doesn't have anything to do now, so he helps his clones to work on the magic car.

With Ben's help, the project moves faster and finally finished in 5 days on 7 August. The car looks completely like a car from a movie, Light Runner from Tron Legacy. Ben is a fan of that movie and finally has the chance to make one of the vehicles in that movie.

He didn't make it in the past because he needs storage space to put things in the car. But now, he has spatial storage with a big capacity, so there's no need for storage in the car. He just needs to think of the car's usage as transportation.

The Light Runner has more abilities than Garuda Phoenix. With more knowledge that he got from the Magic Library, Ben finally can add some impressive abilities. Not only moving on land, but this car can also fly like a plane, float like a ship, and dive like a submarine, it's like James Bond's car.

Ben has a choosy motion sickness that appears on any vehicle except the car because he likes cars. So he can only ride a car for his whole life. That's why he needs a car that can move anywhere to make his life easier.

This car also has a better engine than the last one because he & AI Chip has worked on it since Garuda Phoenix broke. It also has stronger defense & attack mechanisms as he has more magic knowledge now.

Ben takes a ride around the village with the girls to test the car. Then he goes to the town and tests the car's features. The girls are very impressed when the car flips, elevated, and also when the tires transform like in the movie.

It also gathers a lot of attention in the town as it is very eyecatching. Ben is very satisfied with this car after testing everything. They return to the village after going around until afternoon.

Then the next day, Ben finally gets a job again, "A sealed Demon from Book of Zeref?"
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 172 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 183 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)