77. Unknown Island

3 hours after Ben fainted, the ship arrived at the island. It is very far from the mainland, that's why it hasn't been found before. The island is rather big and it has a wide forest.

Marc wakes Ben up and tells him that they've arrived. Ben wakes up with a pale face, but he feels better now because the ship has stopped. It doesn't shake around again, so Ben's motion sickness has stopped.

Marc helps Ben to walk to his car that located far in the back. They finally arrived and Ben get in his car. He immediately feels a lot better when he sits in the car.

'Phew, I'll never get on a ship again,' thinks Ben while driving his car out from the ship.

Ben leaves the ship and finally land on the island. He leaves his car and takes a deep breath.

"Land is always the best," says Ben happily.

"Haha, so even an S-Class mage has a weakness too," says the ship's Captain who walks toward Ben.

"An S-Class mage is still a human too. No one is truly omnipotent," says Ben.

"I guess you're right. Then, we will let you do your job, while we will patrol around the island. You can call us through a communication lacrima if you need anything," says the Captain.

"You can return to the mainland, you know. It might take days for me to investigate this island completely," says Ben.

"No, we can't do that. If something happens and you can't solve it, then we need to know it and report it. Of course, we don't want that to happen because a threat that an S-Class mage can't solve must be very dangerous," says the Captain.

"Hmm, do whatever you like then," replies Ben.

Ben then gets on his car and leaves with Bella. They will explore the island by car to cover it faster. Ben also keeps using his magic sensory to detect any magical things around him.

They drive into the forest and look around through the windows. The forest seems normal so far without anything unusual. The creatures here are not so different from the ones on the mainland too.

"Hmm, it will surely get faster if I use the car, but I won't get any detail this way. Maybe I'll walk after driving around by car," ponders Ben.

Ben drives deeper into the forest because strong creatures usually live there. So far, he only sensed weak magical creatures that normal mages can defeat. There's no human trace to this island, which means that no one was here before.

As they get deeper into the forest, Ben can sense that the creatures are getting stronger. Some creatures are looking at them too and run away because the car looks like a beast for them.

"Sigh, using a car to explore the island is really not effective. I really need to explore by foot later," says Ben.

Ben suddenly get alerted after he said that. He senses some creatures with strong magic power coming from the front left direction. He drives his car there to find out the source of that strong magic power.

When he arrives there, Ben sees some brown reptiles with draconian features except wings. They look like Wyvern, but very different from the Wyverns that Ben knows. All Wyverns possessed wings, so these guys are just Brown Lizards.

"Brown Lizards? I've never seen this kind of Lizard in any book that I've read. Are they endemic to this island? And they live together, very unusual for reptiles," ponders Ben.

Ben takes a picture of these Lizards using his lacrima camera. There are around 7 Lizards that Ben sees right now. These guys are quite strong too and Ben can feel that they're close to S-Class.