43. Magic Gun

Ben keeps experimenting on his magic pistol. He even doesn't take a lone job to focus on his pistol. He wants to be prepared for any situation that might happen in his job.

He wants to add an element to his magic pistol, but it's harder than he thought. The base magic that is used on his pistol is bullet magic. Bullet magic itself is categorized as a dark element. So Ben needs to change that dark element and replace it with another element.

But changing that dark element is not easy. Even after a week, all Ben's attempts to change it have failed. It will either break, explode, or couldn't be formed at all.

That's why on Monday after school, Ben scan many books in the library. He scan books related to bullet magic, elements, and also magic letters. He needs more data to finish his project.

He continue the experiment the next day but still failed. The school library's data is not enough for this. Darkness magic isn't that popular, after all. Just the sound of it has made people afraid already.

Luckily, Ben has an expert in the guild, the old man. He asks for Roubaul's help to build the magic letter formula. Then he work with Roubaul using all information they have.

They experimented every day until they finally succeed on the 8th day since they work together. The key is to make the bullet magic neutral without any element.

Then for the element, they install it on the lacrima that stores the ethernano. That's why for each element, Ben needs one lacrima crystal.

"Ben-boy, it seems you can only use 1 element. If you want to use all elements, then you need to make one pistol for each of them. But it won't be efficient," says Roubaul

"That's too troublesome. I have a good solution for that," says Ben while grinning.

Ben draw a blueprint with AI Chip's help. Roubaul watch him draw the blueprint and understand it. What Ben draw is a Revolver that has a rather big size and has 8 slots.

Those 8 slots are for Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Darkness, Light, and his Sun energy. Then inside the handle, Ben will install another lacrima crystal.

The size will be almost as big as the handle. It's like a magazine, and it's also changeable. So Ben can change it if the energy is depleted.

But this crystal will not have any element. It is just to add more energy because the crystals in the slots are small. They won't have enough power to shoot many times, so he needs another source. It's like having more batteries.

"This round thing, is this for storing the lacrima crystals?" asks Roubaul.

"Yeah, it will hold all the crystals inside. To change the element, I just need to roll it to the desired crystal." Ben explains to Roubaul.

"Hoo, this is a good idea. How many rounds of shooting that this pistol can do?" asks Roubaul.

"I don't know, we need to test its limit first."

"I can't wait for it."

After he draws the blueprint, Ben starts to make the revolver. He make the crude version first for the prototype. Then he makes the lacrima crystal 'batteries'. The crystals are from the cave that he used to train last year.

Ben finish the prototype the next day, and he test it on the field. Other guild members come to watch the test. They're curious if Ben's new magic item will work.

Ben wears protective gear that Roubaul made. The guild members take some distance from him to avoid accidents.

Ben only uses the small crystals on this test and doesn't use the magazine lacrima. He wants to test the limit of these small crystals first. Then Ben starts his test using the fire element first.