41. Holder Magic

After sparring with the students and teaching them some important things, Ben let them go home. Then like last week, Wendy & the cats go to play with the girls, while Ben goes to the library.

There are still many books in the library that he need to scan. Ben chooses the books and gets the copies from the old librarian lady. Ben goes to the 2nd floor and starts to scan the books.

'AI Chip, is there any abnormality in my body after that battle?' Ben asks AI Chip while scanning the books.

[Yes. The moonlight that you ate affects your body a little.]

'What?! Why don't you tell me?' asked Ben.

[Because I was not sure, and it was temporary.]

AI Chip explains to Ben that eating the Moonlight has caused a problem for him. His body was made to hold the hot Sun energy, but moonlight have coldness in it. That coldness affects his body a little.

It's not a fatal problem, but it can't be ignored too. The coldness makes his body's ability to hold heat reduce a little. But it just affected his body for some period after he ate the moonlight.

[It is like adding a block of ice to boiling water. The ice will reduce the water's temperature. But because the fire is still on, the water will be boiled again.]

'So it's not dangerous, right?'

[It can be dangerous if you eat too much. The coldness can destroy your body permanently if you eat too much at once before you recover.]

'Okay, I will be careful of that. The moonlight is just an emergency source of energy, I won't rely on that. Anything else?'

[No other side effect has been found.]

'Phew, what a relief.' Ben continues to scan the books.

Ben finished his books scanning at 4 PM. He leaves the school and picks up his team, then they go home. As usual, the girls tell him what they've done with their friends. Ben just responds accordingly to their story.

After they arrived in the village, they go to the Guild building. They report their job like usual to Roubaul. There's no problem with their job, so Roubaul dismisses them after that.

For the next 2 days, Ben focuses on recovering his body. Wendy cast healing magic on his broken bones in the morning, to make him heal faster.

He also lay under the sunlight to absorb its energy and heal himself faster. He lay near the lake while the girls play near him.

"This ability to absorb sunlight and heal my body is really good. But I need a lot of liquid for it, just like a plant that uses water & sunlight," said Ben while enjoying the sunlight.

Carla responds to him, "Maybe you'll become green like a leaf too someday."

Everyone imagine if Ben becomes green like a plant, and cringe to it.

'Why'd I imagine myself as Hulk instead of a dryad, Trent, or other plant magical creatures?' Ben is confused about himself.

Ben leaves that thought and closes his eyes. He checks AI Chip's database to read something to kill time. He scrolls through the list and finally finds something that interests him.

The thing that interests him is Holder Magic. All Ben's spells are Caster Magic, so he's not that familiar with Holder Magic. He gets interested in it because he has some magic items like his car or knife.

Ben wants to learn Holder Magic to increase his range of abilities. These 2 types have their strength & weakness. By learning both types, he will be able to cover each types' weakness.