88. Return Home

The next day, Ben finally leaves the hospital. He hasn't recovered fully and still has many injuries. But he will take a longer time to recover if he stays in the hospital.

It will be faster for him to recover if he returns to the guild. Wendy will be able to heal him with her magic. It will be faster for him to recover with her help rather than using medicines.

But Ben needs to use a wheelchair now because he has many bones fractures. He has crashed into the ground multiple times when Grossalia attacked him. He still gets his bones fractured even though he has used his magic to cover his body.

Luckily, he can buy a magic wheelchair that used a mage's MP to move the wheel. It is still not using lacrima as the power source, but it's better than a normal wheelchair. He has a lot of MP too, so it's not a problem.

Ben leaves the hospital after Marc helps him take care of some administrations. He follows Marc to the Mayor's residence with Bella sitting on his lap.

"Have you informed the Kingdom about my job?" asks Ben to Marc.

"Yes, I've reported what I know to the Mayor and she reported it to the Kingdom. They will send some people to meet you here today to ask for details," says Marc.

"They send some people? How rare. I thought they will ask me to go to the Capital and report it there," says Ben.

"Well, they want to check the island too. So they send those people directly to save time," says Marc.

"They have a plan for the island, huh?" says Ben in understanding.

They arrive at the Mayor's residence shortly after that. The representatives from the Kingdom haven't arrived, so Marc takes Ben to see his car in the storage room. Ben cries comically when he sees his car's condition.

"*Sniff* My Garuda Phoenix," says Ben while crying and hugging his broken car.

Bella pats Ben's head to make him feel better. She knows how much Ben loves his car and how painful it is for him to see his car destroyed like this.

"Damn, it was a mistake to bring my car for this job. I should leave it here from the beginning," says Ben while still crying.

"Well, no one could predict that there was such a monster on that island," says Marc.

"Yeah, at least you killed the monster that did this to your car," says the Mayor who suddenly comes there.

The Mayor comes with a woman & 2 men. They're the representatives from the Kingdom. The woman is the one who will ask Ben about his job's detail and note it as the report.

"Are you S-Class mage from Cait Shelter, Ben Cooper?" asks the woman.

"Yeah, it's me," replies Ben.

"My name is Silvy Reiss. I am the one who is tasked to get the details of your job," says Silvy.

"Alright," replies Ben.

Ben tells them everything that he found on the island. He also narrates the battles with Metepedes. Silvy notes everything and one of the men also records their conversation using a lacrima recorder.

They all are shocked when Ben tells them about the battle. Just the sheer number of the Metepedes is a big threat on that island. But knowing Ben has defeated them all is even more surprising.

"So there aren't any of those creatures that live there now?" asks Silvy.

"There shouldn't be, but there will always be a possibility," says Ben.

"Hmm? But you said that the last monster was the strongest creature on that island. So if she died, there won't be anything that can be a big threat anymore, right?" asks the woman.

"That might be the case, but as I told you before, I found some caves. I guessed that those caves connected to the giant underground room where the Metepedes lived."

"But I haven't explored them all, so I don't know if they're really connected or not. So there might be something else that is not as strong as her, but it is quite strong. Besides, that place is full of wildlife that might endanger you," says Ben.

"So you want us to be cautious on that island?" asks Silvy.

"Of course. Even you need to be cautious in a place that you think is safe. You never know what kind of thing that enters that place while you were away from there," says Ben.

Silvy gets a little surprised to hear that from Ben. She has a little doubt toward him before because he is too young even though he is an S-Class mage. So she thought he will be immature and arrogant, but he is not like that.

Silvy then smiles and says, "I guess you're right. We will be more cautious about our tasks later. If even an S-Class mage tells us to be cautious, then we'll really need to do it."

Ben smiles and nods after she said that. He knows that she doubted him before, but she still listened to him.

"Then, we will take our leave. Thank you for your excellent job. The Kingdom will pay you through your guild like usual. I hope we can hire you again in the future," says Silvy while closing her notebook.

"You're welcome. But I don't know if I will take a dangerous job from you guys again. I might break my car again if your job is too dangerous," says Ben jokingly.

"Haha, I'm really sorry about that. I will try to ask for compensation to fix your car. Maybe the Kingdom will even give you a new car for compensation," says Silvy sheepishly when she looks at Ben's broken car.

"I hope that will happen," says Ben.

After that, Silvy & her 2 friends leave with the Mayor following them. Marc takes Ben & Bella to eat before they go home. The Mayor also join their lunch after sending Silvy. They have some small talks before Ben & Bella leave.

Ben & Bella then return to their village. Luckily, they don't need to walk because the Mayor gives them an old unused car. It is the old model that uses a mage's MP, but it's better than nothing.

Ben asks some people to put his broken car on a cart. So now he can take his broken car back and he also has a new old model car. At least he will have a car to use until he builds a new car.

It takes 6 hours for Ben & Bella to reach their village. The old model can't run as fast as Garuda Phoenix. It also needs a lot of MP, but luckily, Ben has a lot of MP to be used.

Ben gets out of his car and gets on his new wheelchair. His condition surprise everyone in the village because Ben never returns like this. At most he will get very injured but still be able to walk.

He goes to the guild building slowly while Bella flies there. Wendy & Carla then comes out from the guild building to see him after Bella called them. Roubaul also comes and they all are surprised to see his bad condition.

Wendy immediately goes to Ben and uses her healing magic. Carla & Roubaul also check on his condition. Ben just keeps silent as they inspect him.

"Your job seems to be tough, Ben-boy," says Roubaul after seeing Ben's condition.

"Yeah, it's the hardest job that I've ever taken so far. But at least I can return alive even though I need to sit in a wheelchair now. Some fractures are better than losing my life," says Ben calmly.

"Of course, it is," says Carla with a pissed tone.

Ben just smiles and rubs Carla's head. He knows she is very worried even though she doesn't show it. He also rubs Wendy's head with the other hand because she has tears flowing from her eyes.

"I'm sorry if I made you worried. But I've returned now," says Ben with a soft tone.

"Yes, welcome home," says Wendy with a smile.

Carla doesn't say it loudly and just whispers very slowly. But she also says the same thing with Wendy. She is always trying to be composed and hide her feelings.

Ben just smiles and says, "I'm home."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 30+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 118 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 129 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)