Chapter 17 | Meeting Xin Ying

Start from the beginning

'Huang Dewei, what are you doing here? Have you lost your mind?' Xin Ying screamed and whispered dumbfounded.

'I came for you.' Huang Dewei replied and he saw her sighing

'But why?' Xin Ying screamed and whispered frustrated

'Are you not happy to see me?' Huang Dewei asked little disappointed

'No, it's not like this. I am scared for your safety.' Xin Ying replied while trying to be calm

'I am here to get you.' Huang Dewei said and Xin Ying looked at him bombshell

'Have you lost your mind? It's not possible anymore.' Xin Ying replied back and somehow Huang Dewei was not expecting that reaction from her

'Are you happy with your marriage?' Huang Dewei asked

'Well, I am not overly happy but I am not sad either now. I was when we got married but Wang Lei is not that bad as a husband. I used to find him cold and stone-faced but he always gives me what I want. I realised recently he is not that bad to live with. Also, I can't disappoint my father. I am going to give this nation their next Emperor.' Xin Ying said as she explained and Huang Dewei just stood staring at her. He was more surprised because he somehow does not even feel hurt over her rejection like he does not mind if she does not want to be with him. But why? He came for her then why he was feeling differently now?

'So what about us?' Huang Dewei mumbled under his breath

'There is no us now. You live your life and forget about me.' Xin Ying said and Huang Dewei just stared. He still seemed fine, which he was not expecting. Why was he not going crazy that his first love does not want him anymore or she does not care about him? In fact, he felt completely the opposite of it... And then he also slowly realised why he came here today because he wanted to forget about what happened between him and Wang Lei. He wanted to prove to himself that he still wanted Xin Ying and not Wang Lei and now he realised how wrong he was. He can lie to himself but his heart would not. He knew who he wanted now and it was not Xin Ying. He somehow felt relieved over her rejection that now there would be no guilt about Xin Ying holding him back from pursuing someone who he actually wanted now. Deep down, Huang Dewei knew he was not as hurt about Xin Ying rejecting him but it was the rejection of Wang Lei that broke him.

'I have decided to love Wang Lei.' Xin Ying confessed and Huang Dewei stared at her and that was something he did not like. He already had so much competition and now there was more...And in front of Xin Ying, he stood no chance since she was his wife and somehow who would receive all the honour from Wang Lei and the nation while he called Huang Dewei his sex toy. Huang Dewei thought hurtfully as his gaze fell on a photo drawing on the wall and he walked towards it. It was a huge drawing framed which looked like their wedding photo. He looked at Wang Lei who seemed expressionless in the picture while Xin Ying also looked sad.

'Is that your wedding picture?' Huang Dewei asked as he was staring at Wang Lei in the drawing. He was jealous...he was jealous of Xin Ying for Wang Lei. He never thought it would be like this when he came here because he was in love with Xin Ying, but now everything has changed.

'Yes, it's our wedding picture Huang Dewei. Don't be jealous.' Xin Ying and he snapped his head towards her. He does seem jealous but she was wrong thinking it was for her but in reality, he was jealous of her. He was jealous that she was his wife and would give birth to his children while he was just a whore who he would use for sex.

'Please forget about us. I wanted to be Wang Lei's wife and this nation's Empress now.' Xin Ying replied as she expressed her desire and Huang Dewei looked toward her. She seemed sad just some time ago when he saw her in court and now she wanted to be with Wang Lei.