Chapter 131 - The Second Prince

Start from the beginning

His forces should have been in the capital a few hours ago but they aren't still there. He was starting to wonder if things have happened outside but he couldn't go out now.

Tapping his fingers impatiently on the table, Callisto continued to wait for a few more minutes.

Until someone's voice echoed right outside the door.

"F-Father? Brother?"

Elena, Asher, and the King froze in their spots the moment they heard the small voice speak on the other side of the door.

It was even more so towards Asher who saw the duke's grin once more.

"NO! NICHOLAS- hmpf!" A knight covered his mouth which prevented sounds from coming out.

"Huh? Brother? Are you okay?" Nicholas asked through the closed door and Asher's muffled screams got even more aggressive.

However, his feet had been tied and his hands were in the process of being tied as well. He cannot move in any way he wanted to.

"Open the door," Callisto commanded and a knight stationed near the doors nodded his head before slowly opening it as commanded.

Creak~

"Father, brother! Are you okay..."

Nicholas Lumiere stood there with his small hands and feet. His wide, innocent eyes looked so shocked the moment he saw what was inside the conference room.

"Father..." The first one he saw was the king who sat in his seat with a pale face.

"Brother..." Then it transferred towards the now already gagged and tied crown prince.

Tears started to form in his eyes and the young prince could only stand there trembling in fear as a few knights stepped towards him.

"Lady Elena..." Nicholas couldn't fully grasp what was happening inside.

Why was his father so pale as if he was dead? Why was his older brother tied in his chair and there was a red stain on his clothes?

Why?

He couldn't understand it fully until he looked on the side.

"Like what you see, little prince? Your father and brother are going to die soon." Callisto smirked at the innocent prince and stood from his seat once more.

"PRINCE NICHOLAS! RUN!"

But they were all surprised when someone's voice screamed and instead, swiftly ran towards the small child holding his book.

Her heels were clicking on the marble floors and panic was stricken on her face.

Pushing the knights out of her way, Elena was about to reach the small child when a foot blocked her from running. She tripped on her feet and fell to the floor with a loud thud.

"Lady Elena..." He started crying when he also saw Elena.

"RUN, NICHOLAS! RUN!" She screamed and beg for the child to escape but Nicholas was frozen in fear. He couldn't move his little feet in complete horror.

"Do not let her move!" Callisto ordered and the knight that blocked Elena's feet held her by the hair and did the same thing with the three captives inside.

"Duke..." The young child shivered with fear when the duke he knew all of his life stood in front of him with a scary-looking face.

"Come here, little prince. I will show you how your father dies." He chuckled before bringing his hand to grab the prince's but Nicholas took a step back.