A Day of Rest

*A week later* The boys have been rehearsing for their upcoming concert in September in the park to kick off their next tour. In the studio, Liam sat down and drank some water. Zayn sat beside him and put his hand on his shoulder. "You okay there?" Zayn asked. Liam nodded. "I'm fine, just tired. I don't understand why we have to practise this again and again. We've been doing this for a week now. Can't we have shorter rehearsals?" he asked.

"Liam, you have to think of the fans. We're practising this until we perfect it for them." Zayn told him. "Yes, well, although you're right, so is Liam. You boys have been working hard lately. Why not a vacation?" Simon asked as he entered the studio. "Really?" Liam asked. "Yeah...how does New York sound?" "You're joking. Is this a trick to make us promote Take Me Home?" Liam asked, still unsure of what Simon is saying. "Nope. I promise that this trip is for the sake of relaxation." he reassured Liam.

"Start packing your bags, you leave for New York tomorrow!" Simon announced before leaving. Everyone started talking about the trip even if they were the ones who planned it, it was all just an act for Liam to believe. Liam was so relieved he was getting a break, it's only been a week of rehearsals, but they were intense. The rest of the day after their rehearsal, all he thought of was the trip. He really hoped that it would extend up to his birthday. He didn't know it, but ironically, the entire trip was just for his birthday.

----

The following day, everyone was all set and packed their things. As they waited in the living room, there was a knock at the door. Niall ran up to the door before anyone else could and opened it. "Paul!" he exclaimed. "Haven't seen you in a while!" Paul smiled. "Yeah! It's really nice seeing you as well! Are you all ready for the trip?" he asked. "Yeah, some of us are ju-" "PAUL!!" Harry yelled as he ran into the living room. "It's been a month, and I've kept my side of the bargain to not borrow anyone else's phone. So where's mine??" Harry questioned.

Paul put his hand up. "Alright, keep your socks on and calm down. Here." he said as he handed the phone to Harry. He practically grabbed it from Paul and ran to his room. Paul was slightly surprised by what Harry did. "That was a bit rude of him..." Alison commented before letting out a chuckle. "Yeah well, I don't mind really. I'll just let it slide since he hasn't had his phone for a month." he responded. "Why was it with you?" she asked. "His mum told me to confiscate it for her because he really racked up the phone bill from his last tour." Alison let out a giggle. That was something she wanted to talk to Harry about.

Moments later, they were brought to the airport. It was quieter than usual because just as Simon promised, the public wasn't informed about their get away. As a precautionary measure, they brought Paul along. They successfully boarded the plane without drawing attention to themselves. The flight was only 5-6 hours long, so they all just talked to each other to pass the time.

When they set foot in the airport few minutes after they landed, they all looked around. "Funny how we're supposed to be in London for a vacation and yet we're here in New York." Alison whispered to Tiana. "It's only for 3 days. Then we go back to London and at the end of summer, we go back here." Tiana said. "That's true. Just never really expected to be here so soon." Alison reasoned with her. The boys were all looking around and actually seeing things around them for the first time. There weren't any fans blocking their view of the airport. It was a huge place. People were walking to and fro from different directions in the airport.

The first place they went to was a hotel to, of course, book rooms for themselves. Louis, Harry, and Niall in one room, Zayn, Liam, and Paul in one room and Tiana and Alison in another room. As soon as Alison was finished unpacking, she ran to Louis, Harry, and Niall's room and rang the door bell. The person who opened the door rested his hand on the door frame, to try to act casual. "Well hello there..." Harry began as he smirked. "Hi Harry, is Louis here?" Alison asked as she looked over Harry's shoulder to see inside the room. Harry frowned. "Ouch, you came here for your brother." he said in a fake upset tone.