"I think so too. Are you going to start it up?"

"When I'm ready." He rolled his eyes.

"Okay. So if we're going to start therapy, when will it be?"

"In this class." He groaned.

"But this is when I hear the gossip about you guys." I laughed and shrugged.

"You'll obviously still hear it, just not here."

"Okay, I guess I'll do it."

"Thanks Marky." He shook his head and laughed.

"Don't mention it asshole. So, have you actually had an altercation with any of these guys over Noel?"

"I've argued with a few about disrespecting their teacher. Not enough for them to realize anything. They all know I'm always a teacher's pet so it's fine."

"Good. Think of it this way Carter. If you fight with anyone over Noel, then they'll know something's up. Right now, it's just arguing. You argue- it's fine, you always argue with people just to do it. But if you fight, it'd be different because you've never fought before. There would be suspicions going around. Carter, to be honest, I don't think you need therapy. I think you just need to learn to trust Noel fully. Don't tell me you do, because if you did, you wouldn't be that mad when a guy or lesbian looks at her. She's told me about it too, this is why I know." I raised an eyebrow. So she knew, but acted like she didn't. "Yeah, and she said they aren't all even looking at her like that. You just immediately think so. Listen, you have got to calm down. Noel doesn't want you fighting over her, she hates when you're mad. She doesn't want to have to be the one who suspends you. Because she obviously can't make an exception for you. Stop being scared and trust Noel. Has she ever made it seem like she was interested in another guy?" I shook my head immediately. I know she hasn't. So why am I doing all of that? "Exactly, want to know why? Because first of all, she's a lesbian. She doesn't like any of those guys. Second of all, she loves you, and it's real. You have to get it through your head that Noel is NOT at all anything like Jessica. Jessica didn't love you. Noel does, and she's taught you that, but you're too stupid to realize it. Carter, I swear if you keep acting stupid, you are going to lose her. First of all, stop letting people take her away, meaning the Alex situation. You shouldn't have told her that she could go off kissing Alex. You should've asked her to be your girl right there. But, at the same time, know who's trying to take her. Don't fight for something that's not there. Those guys don't really want her, and she knows it. It's a game to them, but it's real to you. That's why she's with you. Fight for her when it's needed, not when you just feel threatened. When you go back to New York, and her ex's come back, what are you going to do?"

I never thought about that. I will feel threatened, I know it.

"I'm going to treat them like I first treated Alex when we met. I'm going to be respectful. I understand what you're saying Mark. I need to fight for her, but not literally unless it has to be that way. And I really shouldn't get mad, because I'm the one that has her. But I should still be there for her, and not just let someone come steal her. I'm not going to let her ex's take her from me. I'm going to show her how much I love her, how important she is to me, how beautiful she is, and I'll show her what she deserves. I'll be better than those other losers who let her go, because I won't let her go." He beamed at me proudly.

"That's my little brother. At first you're were being all sissy and girly so you were my little sister, but now, you're my little brother. That's how I like to see you, strong-willed and ready to do whatever it takes to keep your girl, but smart. Stop making rash decisions C. It's not just Noel that doesn't want you to fight. I want the best for you. Now, if I told Luke you were thinking of fighting, you know the situation would be worse right?" I winced thinking of all of the fussing and disappointment that would go on. Literally, he would fuss then he'd tell me how disappointed he was, then fuss and more disappointment.