ch. 38

Jungwon's face started getting all red. The affection was so nice for him, every time Jay spoke he would melt, no matter what the other boy said.

He scooted closer to Jay, cuddling his head into Jay's chest. Jay just smiled, putting his hand over Jungwon's shoulder, pulling him closer. They kept giggling about nothing, flustered from all the conversations that made the butterflies in their stomach wake up.

It was Jungwon's turn to go though, the next bus stop was his sign to get off.

"Hey Jay" Jay's head perked up. "I gotta get off this next stop, I had a really good time these past few days, I hope you did too..."He said, all flustered, scratching the back of his neck.

Jay just gave him a reassuring smile and patted his head. "Of course, I enjoyed it lovely. I like spending time with you every day!" Jungwon's cheeks turned an even brighter color of red as he picked up his bags and got ready to leave the bus.

Before he did get off the bus, he looked at Jay one more time and he couldn't stop himself. He gave Jay an innocent cheek peck and giggled away.

Jay was left there not knowing what to do. Their relationship was so simple, yet so pure and loving. It made Jay reminiscence about every moment they spent together. 

He immediately pulled his phone out of his back pocket, texting Jungwon without hesitation. 

wonnie!! we're going on a date 
tomorrow at 12pm, is that
okay with you?? <33

Jungwon saw the text as soon as he got home and he quickly wrote back a reply:

what's the occasion? '-'

ofc I can go!! just text mewhere hehe

Jay smiled every time the boy texted him back. He responded to him saying he'll pick him up a bit before 12 so they could have extra time. It felt nice, having someone to care about you and someone to care about. It was all starting to make sense, romance.  

Jungwon, of course, accepted. He never really got to experience being in Jay's car, but he didn't mind it at all, as long as he didn't die.

Jay quickly got back home as well. He unpacked all his things alarmingly fast and already set out an outfit for tomorrow. He quickly got to work, visiting the nearby grocery store and grabbing a big wooden basket from his mom's closet. He hoped Jungwon would like what he was planning. 

picnic date <3

Jay woke up feeling refreshed, all ready for this day to go well. He chuckled to himself, quickly getting out of bed and getting everything ready.

He cut up fresh strawberries, blueberries... He made white bread sweet sandwiches, which from his perspective, were the most suitable dessert for a picnic date. He got some crackers as well, pairing them with bits of cheese and tomatoes.

Jay, of course, didn't forget the drinks. Having everything from boba to normal water. 

He was content, to say the least. Jay looked at his watch only to find out it was time to go pick up Jungwon. He got the picnic basket, covered by a red-white checkered blanket, and exited his apartment. 

He hopped into his car, putting the basket in his back seat and covering it with some random blanket that was in the trunk. He started his car and he was ready to go pick up his favorite boy, Jungwon.

Jungwon was patiently waiting in front of his apartment building, shaking his right leg, waiting for Jay's car to show up eagerly. He finally spotted the black car heading towards him and smiled. 

"Hi there, need a lift beautiful?" Jay said, lifting up one eyebrow. 

Jungwon just laughed, ignoring Jay's comment and getting into the passenger seat next to Jay. He noticed the oddly placed blanket in the back, but decided to ignore it. 

Jungwon and Jay blasted songs and sang along while they were on their way. They were happily dancing and singing along, making eye contact at the red lights.

They were finally here, in the middle of nowhere. It took them long enough to get here, so Jungwon was full of expectations, but also equally skeptical. 

Jay held Jungwon's car door open for him to exit, and Jungwon thanked him softly. Once he got out of the car, he was mesmerized by the view. It was unreal, they could see the whole city from here, it was incredibly peaceful on top of that. They were surrounded by nature and the color green, he'd never seen anything more relaxing. 

As Jungwon was fixated on the view, his eyes glistening, Jay got to work on setting up the picnic blanket and finding the right spot. 

He tapped Jungwon's shoulder, taking him to the place. It was right on top of the mountain, one little tree giving them enough shade to hide them both from the sun. They could see everything from here, they even spotted their school.

"Thank you so much, Jay, all this so beautiful! I honestly couldn't imagine anything better than this... this is magical, really." Jungwon was trying to keep his emotions in. Everything Jay did for him made him fall even harder, he didn't know that was possible.

"I love you lots Jungwon"

"I love you too Jay!" 

author's note !
omg hi guys xoxo !! I haven't updated for so long, :(( and I honestly feel bad but I've been stormed with work, I love this book so much ngl and it makes me overjoyed to write it and read all your touching comments, so thank you!!
notice how in the last chapter the last words were "i like you" and now it's "i love you"?
I feel like many people believe achieving love isn't that easy, and hell it isn't, but it doesn't mean its impossible. some people just have the connection and luck, and honestly, WE SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR THESE TWO AND EVERYONE WHO DOES FIND LOVE?

anyways that's the rant... THIS IS THE SECOND TO LAST CHAPTER!
I'm gonna make the next one really really long to bring everything together :)
I feel like I lost the kissing booth element throughout the book, but I'm not opposed to it!

thank you for the continuous support, it means the world to me some of you guys like the things i enjoy doing, it makes me feel special :))
hope you have a good day and stay safe! <3