ch. 2

It was finally time for Jay to go home, the day exhausting him. Besides him barely passing his math exam, his favorite drink was nowhere to be found in the cafeteria. Couldn't get any worse.

He walked on the crosswalk away from school, spotting a familiar car in the distance. His dad's car. His dad always pulled this shit on wednesdays, thinking it was 'father and son' day. At this point, father wasn't a word you would use to describe the man.

He sorrowfully walked over, greeting his father's secretary, entering the black car. He was greeted with his dad a seat in front of him, talking on the phone talking about business and money. That's all he ever did talk about. Jay rolled his eyes.

'Just a minute son' said the father giving a half smile. Jay decided to look through his phone as he was waiting on his dad, opening his instagram app. Scrolling through the meaningless texts sent by unknown people, one caught his eye - Jungwon.

His eyes glistened, quickly clicking on Jungwon's icon. He read the text, something about the student council and how he must come tomorrow or he'll face consequences. Jay didn't care that the text was school related, just happy that Jungwon dm'd him. He chuckled, letting out a small smile. His father noticed.

"You finally got yourself a girlfriend jongseong?" His father smirked, looking over. Jay turned his eyes again.

"I didn't get a girlfriend dad, I'm just texting a friend." At that, his dad took the phone out of his hands. Looking at the conversation. Jay panicked, freezing. He didn't even try to do anything to stop him.

"You're on the student council huh? I guess you don't attend though... Also, I thought I told you to only talk to girls, what business do you even have with men other than Sunghoon? You know friends are meaningless." His father said, tapping the block button on Jungwon's profile. "You better not be like gay or something, imagine that." He said, now laughing hysterically.

Jay just put his head down, muttering a 'tsk'. "Yeah dad, don't worry. I'll go to the council meeting." He took his phone back, looking at Jungwon's empty profile, quietly unblocking him, smiling to himself.

The father's secretary started driving, taking them to some expensive restaurant that was well overpriced. His dad always spent money on such stupid things but refused to even pay any child support to his mom. Jay always wanted to riot against that, but his mom refused to let him do that, staying strong for her child.

Jay ordered some random thing off the menu, while his dad again had business to attend to over the phone. He just hoped the dinner would be done as soon as possible.

His dad drove him to the bus station, not wanting to accidentally meet his mom. It was already so dark outside, but his dad didn't bother. "Bye son!" His dad waved to him, continuing on to his own matters. Jay sat down by the bus station, quietly waiting for the bus to arrive, not many thoughts running through his head.

He saw the bus approaching, so he got up. Boarding the bus he scanned his bus card and sat in the back row, taking his earphones out. He tapped his 'vocaloid bus playlist' and started listening, looking out the window peacefully. Not until later did he notice someone sitting a few seats in front of him, passed out.

He was so worried that he quickly ran over examining the person. "hey mister, wake up! Are you okay?" the person groaned, seeming like they didn't want to wake up. The boy quickly put himself together and shook off the sleepiness. He looked around, finding that the bus stood at the station he got off of. Muttering a quick 'thanks' he quickly made his way over to the door.

Jay was left there dumbfounded. He recognized the school uniform as his own so it got him thinking 'who was that?'. He had some pretty badges attached to his bag, the color pink dominating. Jay smiled softly at that, sitting back down and thinking about the mysterious boy. Oh was he going to have a fun time these next few days.