ch. 15

They were done talking in the physics classroom, and it was time to work on the booth and not get intense allergies from the thousand cats Jay cuddled with. 

Once they made their way to the place of gathering, they were met with a lot of other people. Student council members, ordinary people that went to school, and other workers that came to volunteer and help with everything they could. 

Jungwon held a small speech thanking all of them for engaging in this year's festival. He cheered them all up and gave everyone their duties which they had to fulfill before 4 pm, half an hour before the festival officially opened.

Everyone nodded and thanked Jungwon. They got to work quickly, taking things out of classrooms, assembling parts, repainting necessary things, aligning them. Other people set up fairy lights all around the festival, some made a pathway for people to walk on and others managed the cash register on every booth. 

Jay and Jungwon mostly managed people, not doing much themselves but leading the entire process. Jay was still quite weak from earlier, but he regained his energy helping. 

"Hey Jay, did you see Jake by any chance?" Sunghoon asked him as he looked around frantically. 

"I didn't really no. Check the kitty booth, maybe he wanted to steal another cat and put it in the janitor's closet?" Jay smirked while saying that. Sunghoon scoffed playfully, still thanking Jay. 

It was nearing 4 pm and the kissing booth was fully constructed. It consisted of big red panels, completed with white-colored letters spelling "kissing booth". There were 2 rows as well, one for the first and the second kisser. Whoever wanted to kiss the first person could go into the left column, opposed to the right column where people lined up to kiss the second person.

Jay added one more sign in the middle saying "kissing now" which would light up when a person was kissing the other. He had fun playing with the switch of the lights, giggling while doing so. 

After everyone assembled their booths and set the lights up, the clock hit 4:30 pm. Everyone gathered at the front gate. There was a big red ribbon right there.

"Hello everyone who helped and who is visiting right now. After cutting this ribbon, the festival and its festivities will begin officially." A boy handed him the big scissors. Jungwon muttered a 'thank you' . "Count with me to three everyone!"

"1"

"2"

"3!"

As everyone shouted the last number, Jungwon pressed down on the sides of the scissors and successfully cut the red ribbon. Everyone cheered loudly, slowly making their way in after the staff made their way back. 

"Hi everyone! Who'd you like to kiss? Person 1" Jay said showing the person "or person 2?" repeating. The person eventually chose person 2. "That'd be a five-dollar bill!" The person smiled, putting five dollars in the little box in front of Jay. Jay thanked them, opening the path to person two. 

The crowd just started getting unbearable in the kissing booth. Some people were disappointed that Jay wasn't participating, but still paid five dollars just to see him up close and of course, get a kiss for themselves. 

A few people got heated with their kisses, it wasn't Jay's favorite thing to watch, nor will it ever be. Some people took off their blindfolds because the kiss was too good to miss the opportunity on getting the person's number. Jay was fond of that. He liked that people were ready to actually form connections and not just kiss. 

After a while, someone that was in front of Jay surprised him.

It was a little girl, maybe seven years old. "Mister, I don't wanna kiss any of those two people..." Jay raised an eyebrow. "I wanna kiss you! Mommy gave me 5 dollars so I can give you a kiss on the cheek..." Jay melted at that.

He leaned down and the girl pecked his cheek, making everyone around them cheer. 

Both Jay and the little girl giggled, smiling widely.