ch. 20

They all hugged it out, happy for Jungwon.

"Hey guys, I was thinking, how about we go on a beach trip, or something like that? We have two weeks of holidays, so we can definitely plan something out!" Heesung suggested.

Everyone's eyes lit up. They nodded vigorously, all already planning it out and talking about the clothes they'll bring. All besides Jay.

Jay looked lonely, so lonely. No one even noticed he left, everyone just let him go without a trace.

Not until minutes later did Jungwon realize. He knew that Jay was in pain right now, and maybe it was better to let him have his own silence and alone time.

Jay made his way away from the group, he felt exhausted. He could feel that every word Jungwon said out there was directed at him, and he didn't like it, he truly didn't.

He took a bus home, listening to music and looking out the window. The night was mesmerizing, a few shiny stars filling up the dark sky, the moon shined like the sun, it was warm outside and everything was so clear.

Jay's head wasn't like the sky. It's so full of stars, no lightbulb lighting up, everything was messily placed.

As he walked to his house, he noticed something that made him shiver. His dad's car.

Jay made his way over to the car, greeting the employees gathered around it. He looked through the window in the back seat. And of course, there he was - his great father.

"Hello, dad." Jay said, straight face. The secretary opened the door for him, he bowed, thanking him.

"So how was the festival darling?" Jay furrowed his brows at the name his father called him. Nevertheless, he responded: "It was good, everything went smoothly."

His father nodded and looked at his driver. He handed him a phone and Jay's father opened his phone gallery. Jay was confused at first, looking at the blurry picture trying to figure out what's on it.

A lightbulb finally lit up in his head, that's him. That's him and Jungwon in the picture, clearly kissing in front of the kissing booth.

He took a deep breath: "Dad, it's not what you think it is-" He tried to explain when he was cut off by the aggressive voice of his father.

"You know what happened the last time when you were a kid and pulled the same shit? I went easy on you that time, you were only seven. I thought you learned your lesson, I thought you were cured, I thought you were healthy now, I thought you listened to me!" He screamed, widening his eyes and raising his tone with every word.

Jay was shaking by now, shaken up by everything. "This is why I limited you to only one male friend, you should've respected that! You were never lonely growing up, you had Sunghoon, but that other boy did nothing but mess with your mind."

"You know well what you did was wrong, so you're going to explain to me exactly how we'll handle this. I have a few options prepared, but we can figure something out together." Jay had no expression.

"We can do this in a physical way, we can get you cleansed, we can get the evil spirit outside you, we can do physical therapy, anything you want!" His dad turned even more psychotic, having a cunning, reassuring look to further manipulate Jay.

"We can do conversion therapy, we can make you talk, we can make you turn good again!" he started hysterically laughing. "This is all because of your mother! If I had raised you you wouldn't end up like this."

"But it's not all her fault, it's that boy's fault. God, such a bitc-"

"He has a name father." Jay muttered, looking up slowly.

"What? What did you say? Do you think he deserves to be called by his name?"

"Yes he does, Heesung deserves that level of respect."