ch. 16

"Jay kissed a girl!" Jungwon heard someone say. He went up to them and started asking about it. He explained he heard from his friend that they kissed in the middle of the kissing booth, and all the people around them cheered.

Jungwon furrowed his brows. He was mad, Jay told him he doesn't feel comfortable kissing just anyone, was she someone, was the girl someone dear to him? Jungwon apologized to the person he was talking to and stormed off quickly to the kissing booth.

He saw Jay there, talking with some girl on the side. Jungwon went up to them and separated Jay from the girl.

"Dude, what?" Jay asked, eyes wide. He didn't process what just happened.

"I heard you were kissing some girl over there in front of the kissing booth man! You said you wouldn't do that, are you a playboy like everyone says?" Jungwon was furious.

"Jungwon, that's not what-"

"That's not what happened? Is that what you were going to say? You're just like an immature baby, you need to be taken care of all day, all night without stopping. You go back on your word just like that, easily in mere seconds you betray your promises! How does anybody even hang out with you?" Jungwon was still screaming, only anger seeable on his face.

Jay was taken aback. He wanted to say he was wrong, he didn't know why Jungwon thought that was the case, he'd never do that. He must've heard about him kissing the little girl, actually her kissing him on the cheek. "Jungwon plea-"

"Stop it! Stop your excuses, stop your filthy fucking excuses!" Jungwon was now stomping the ground, out of breath from screaming the whole time. Thank god that it was loud, so nobody heard them. Jay looked at the floor as Jungwon left.

God, this was shitty.

Jungwon ran, he ran as fast as he could, going to a place aimlessly as his legs just took over. He settled under a tree near the festival, crouching. He started crying softly, this was too much for him. He stayed like that for a few minutes until a familiar person showed up.

"Hey, hey Jungwon, why are you crying?" Sunoo asked, and as Jungwon couldn't even look up Sunoo took a seat right by him on the floor. He hugged him, making a 'shhh' sound trying to calm the boy down.

"He, he- he kissed a girl and didn't tell me. I like him, I like him so damn much but I can't tell him, I can't be together with him, I- I- can't" Jungwon said, muffling his words and crying at the same time.

Sunoo just nodded, listening to what Jungwon was saying. "Look, Jungwon. I've been through the same thing with Ni-ki. Not exactly this scenario, but we've been through many ups and downs considering our relationship." Jungwon finally looked up at Sunoo. "We fought at the beginning, a lot. We tried figuring out the problem for weeks. We were so close to breaking up until we realized the one thing we didn't do."

The boy was curious about Sunoo's advice. "We didn't trust each other." Jungwon's eyes sparkled. "I get that you of course believed that he actually kissed someone else, but he didn't Jungwon. He kissed a little girl, a little girl kissed his on the cheek." Jungwon put his hand over his mouth, shocked.

"He likes you so much Jungwon, I can see it in his eyes. He likes you so much, he's not a playboy, he never was. He's just..." Jungwon waited. "Broken. And he needs to get put together, and you can help him. You can help him piece by piece." Jungwon cried again. "I know you want to tell him, so go run to him now." Jungwon nodded, his feet running to the festival.

As he looked around for Jay, he saw him by the kissing booth. He tried getting to him, but someone stopped him. "Jungwon! I've been looking for you, it's your time for the kissing booth, come on quick please!" Jungwon couldn't even respond before he was taken and dragged away.

He had a blindfold over his eyes, waiting for the first person to come. He heard footsteps approaching. "This is um, awkward right?" He said.

The person in front of him chuckled. And Jungwon recognized that giggle.

Jay.

authors note!
happy new years everybody!!
I hope your 2022 goes great, and that you achieve everything you want! pumped this update out for you guys, but ended it at the climax badum. the rest of the story will be the next chapter (yk what goes on) and then like their relationship, realistic ups and downs since not everything is sunshine and rainbows! I hope you guys look forward to it and thank you!! :) <3