ch. 28

Jungwon ran, he ran fast, he didn't know where he was headed, his mind was foggy and the sights that happened moments before were flashing in front of his eyes. 

...

Jay saw Jungwon and looked back at Heesung, Heesung looked at him with wide eyes as well. They were both in disbelief. Jay tried to get up, but Heesung's hand on his wrist stopped him. 

"Jay, let him go for a while, he needs some time alone, when he comes back you can explain it all, don't worry." Heesung convinced Jay and he finally let go. Jay decided not to go after Jungwon, for now. The two boys returned to the rest in the dining room.

"Look who finally showed up!" Jake cheered, making everyone turn their heads towards Jay and Heesung. 

Sunoo was the only one who furrowed his eyebrows and asked a question: "Where's Jungwon? He left the table a while ago, didn't you guys see him?" He asked, looking around the room.

"Well..." Jay started, but Heesung took over. "He said he went out for a bit, apparently his signal is bad here and he wanted to call his mom." He calmly answered and everyone else nodded.

Sunoo wasn't buying it though. He wasn't dumb enough to accept that Jungwon was stepping out without anybody besides him, and there was definitely a signal here, it was a hotel after all. He was skeptical about bringing the matter up, but he decided against it, trusting that Heesung has it under control. 

The six boys talked about their trip so far, what they wanted to do and eat. Apparently Ni-ki discovered a pretty sand beach just ten minutes away from their hotel, it was a tourist hot spot, but perfect for taking pictures. 

Sunghoon was the one who suggested they go to the local forest. They could explore wildlife and take pictures in the dark. Some were against it, saying it was too scary since there were stories about it being 'haunted' or such, but most were in favor. 

All the boys decided they had eaten enough and headed up to their rooms. Jay still wasn't talking much, the only thing circulating through his head was Jungwon and his glossy eyes that looked into his soul. 

As he entered the hotel room, the room he and Jungwon shared just reminded him of the boy even more. He wanted to trust him and let him figure out his feelings and what he had seen, but he didn't want him to get the wrong impression. 

The others decided to lie down, take a nap for a bit until it was time to go. Jay tip-toed through the living room, trying not to wake anyone up.

he wasn't successful. 

"Jay, where are you going?" Sunoo woke up from his half slumber, rubbing his eyes with his hands. 

"Look Sunoo, don't wake the others and don't tell them. Jungwon heard me and Heesung talking and he hurried off without a trace, I'm going to try and find him to clear up the misunderstanding." He looked down. "I'm worried for him." 

Sunoo mouthed a small 'wait a second, before going into his room and grabbing a light jacket and putting his sneakers on. He got his phone from the bedside table, along with a tote bag that carried a few necessities. 

he stood in front of Jay, looking straight at him before smiling and saying;

"We're going to find him together no matter what." 

Jay smiled, they both took their stuff, and now they were on the hunt to find their friend. 

author's note
my update schedule is so messy I cant ! :') it's like one day I binge-write 4 chapters release them 4 days in a row and then 3 days boom nothing. 
ANYWAYS I HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE DOING JUST OKAY AND THAT YOU'RE SAFE FROM THE PANDEMIC! if you can get vaxxed and wear your masks properly! :)