ch. 7

"Can I get your number?"

Jungwon turned his head, figuring why not he nodded taking Jay's phone and typing his number into the boy's phone saving it as 'best student council president.' He smiled, handing the phone back. "See you at the meeting tomorrow Jay!" Jay nodded, waving cutely. 

As Jungwon was exiting the bus, he returned the wave and quickly ran out with his black bag, covered in pink accessories. 

As he stepped off, he sighed really loudly. His heart was beating really fast, and he didn't know why he didn't run or anything. He started walking home, taking out his own earphones putting a random playlist Jake recommended to him. It was nice, not knowing the unfamiliar songs, just getting familiar with the words.

What? What'd he just think about, was he crazy? Never mind, he shook it off and started walking again. As he came closer to his apartment door, he heard his dog, Maeum, bark. He smiled. His dog was the only thing that could make him laugh in any situation. He rang the doorbell, and his mom opened revealing a jumping Maeum. 

"Hi, baby! Yes alright, I missed you too, alright, alright- HaHA stop!" Jungwon screamed as the dog jumped up and down, licking Jungwon's whole face. He looked up and smiled at his mom, muttering a small 'hi mom'. He took off his shoes and came in. 

"Sit at the table, we've got mint choco dessert!" His mom announced, Jungwon's expression stiffened. 'mint what...' he thought. He wanted to strangle himself, living in a household with mint choco lovers sucked.

He sat down at the table, to his surprise no one was there though. His mom was gone and his other family members were nowhere to be found. Jungwon just sat there, dumbfounded. It lasted for that until he heard a loud bang. He turned around only to see his parents holding a big strawberry vanilla cake, topped with oreos. He completely forgot tomorrow was his birthday, and it was already midnight. 

"Happy birthday our little Jungwon!" They all sang and smiled wide, putting the giant cake on the counter, candles lit so Jungwon could blow them out.  "Make a wish" His dad said, looking content. 

Jungwon nodded, wishing for many things - becoming a lawyer, getting into a good school, for the festival to go well, to get closer to Jay- the thoughts stopped there and he quickly blew out the candles as everyone cheered. 

"You're finally a year older! Way to go grandpa" His older sister announced, ruffling his fluffy hair while Maeumi barked. Jungwon was so happy his heart could burst. He loved his family so much, they were harsh at times but they always gave their best to support Jungwon's aspirations and dreams. 

It was too much for Jungwon to hold in so he let out a single tear, sobbing quietly. He hugged his family, feeling the warmth of their hugs. They encouraged him to go to sleep now, and he obliged, quickly getting ready and hopping into his bed. Before sleeping, he checked his phone for the alarms he set. 

While he was trying to set up an alarm for 7:30 in the morning, a notification popped up. it was from an unknown number saying: "happy birthday council president" with a bunch of cringe emojis. For a second Jungwon thought it was one of the people he met in the library, but no one could text like this so he figured it was Jay - who else could it be other than him?

He responded with a simple 'thank you :)" not questioning how Jay got to know his birthday, still, he was thankful for it. 

He saved the number as 'Jay <3' smiling as he went to sleep.