ch. 29

Jay and Sunoo headed out, on the hunt for their friend. They exited the hotel and tried brainstorming where Jungwon would have gone. 

"What if he went to the beach? Or I don't know maybe he went to visit a museum?" Sunoo suggested while Jay was in deep thought. 

They tried looking for him near the beach, they passed the forest, they went many ways trying to find their friend. They asked people around, trying to get information on the boy that disappeared. 

"We're running out of time, we have to split up if we want to find him any time today." Jay suggested and Sunoo's face went pale. 

"Do you know what happens when people in horror movies split up? They die. And I don't really want to die today Jay!" Sunoo said, barely getting his words out. 

"It's the only way." Jay said while looking seriously at Sunoo. Sunoo sighed and nodded, they took that as a sign and separated in search of their friend Jungwon.

"Jungwon! Jungwon!" Jay yelled with all his might, desperate to find Jungwon. 

A small cry was heard in the distance, Jay heard it and immediately went to check it out. He pushed in front of a few bushes and trees, trying to see where the sound was coming from. Jay stood in the middle of the woods, still trying to follow the cry he heard a moment ago. 

The cry was heard again, now louder and clearer than before. He quickly ran over to the voice, hoping it was Jungwon. 

He got there to see the person he was hoping to find, Jungwon. He was leaning on a tree, burying his face into his hands.

"Jungwon, Jungwon hey... hey... " Jay put his hands on Jungwon's head, slightly ruffling his hair and trying to get a good look at him.

"Jungwon it's okay, I'm here now." Jungwon removed his hands off his cheeks, revealing his face. 

"It's worse when you're here, I trusted you, I trusted we had something, but it turns out you're still fawning over your little childhood romance over there." He said, turning his back to Jay.

Jay's tears were already pouring down, and his light sobs started getting louder and louder. Jungwon couldn't just let him go like that so he turned towards Jay, seeing him sobbing into his hand. He couldn't stand there and do anything so he put his palm on Jay's head, pulling his head down on his shoulder.

"Why are you crying now?" Jungwon asked, trying to look away. 

"I tried finding you for hours, and now I feel like a failure! Like I've failed you, even if I did nothing wrong..." He sobbed. 

Jungwon tsk'd. "Men these days really play with everyone's feelings... I thought you liked me." Jungwon's eyes looked even further away and he tried to get out of the situation with Jay. 

He tried walking away, but Jay stopped him. "I don't like Heesung, I like you! I like you too much for it to be true. "

Jungwon stopped in his steps and once again, looked back. "Heesung and I have a long history together, that's true." Jungwon rolled his eyes.

 "heesung's history with me has ended and that's what we talked about." He took a deep breath. "he knows I like you, even if our past relationship was complicated, we were 10 years old! We both left that behind."

"I'm sorry I know we keep getting in these confusing situations and you always end up being hurt, but I'm trying to not do these things, I'm trying to clean the way for us so we can be happy." 

Jungwon's eyes were glistening, he was paying attention to Jay and what he was saying. 

"I think I'm ready"

author's note
I WAS SUPPOSED TO LIKE PUBLISH THIS LAST NIGHT but i fell asleep on my table doing math :')
ANYWAYS UH why are there so many of these convos between Jungwon and Jay? I don't know I'm channeling my last relationship into this conversation-wise. It's my primal instinct of trying to teach people something but uh, that's not really gonna work.
But as Sunoo said in chapter 16-17-ish? Trust really is the most important thing, if both parties are just decent people, trust is the thing that makes or breaks it !
stay safe loves <3