ch. 23

Jay and Jungwon talked about some nonsense and laughed along during the bus ride. When their stop came, they quickly got off and started walking to the bus terminal. 

To their surprise, there was nobody there at the front gate as they said. They looked into the group chat, trying to find a reason as to why that is.

Jungwon wrote:

hey, why are you guys not here,
thought we were meeting a few minutes 
before seven?

dad
do you and Jay never read 
messages?
It was rescheduled to a few minutes
to eight, have fun freezing

Jay and Jungwon both frowned at that, sad that they didn't see the messages. it really was freezing and it didn't help that Jungwon's coat was thin as paper. Jay noticed how bad Jungwon was shivering, 'he probably handles cold mornings badly' Jay thought as he went through his bag to find something. 

'found it!' Jay thought, pulling out three hot packs, a padded jacket, and a scarf. He handed them to Jungwon, and Jungwon was surprised, to say the least, he thanked him and took the things into his hands. 

"Did you pack your whole house in there? How did this all fit in that tiny backpack?" Jungwon said, really curious as he basically packed only his necessities.

"Binge watched Marie Kondo." Jay replied, zipping his bag up.

"Understandable." Jungwon said, pouting his lips and nodding along. "So what do you think, should we get something to eat? I haven't really had breakfast, and I'm up for bakery products!" Jungwon said, his expression brightening just thinking about bread and sweets. 

Jay admired Jungwon as he smiled so brightly talking about food as they made their way to the little bakery at the corner of the terminal. They entered the pink-colored bakery, examining all the sweets and baked goods they had on display.

"Jay! Look at these! They're croissants but they look like a half-moon!" Jungwon said with so much love and admiration in his voice. Jay also spotted something he liked:

"Look at this, it's a bread swirl. The thing inside is usually brown, but look, this is pink and it has little edible stars inside it!" Jay said, looking like Jungwon as he talked about the food adorably. 

They both got their sweets and baked goods then sat at the table. Jay got them both iced coffee, so they wouldn't get tired and fall asleep during the bus ride which could offer a lot of good conversations. 

"So? How do you like your croissant?" Jay asked, leaning his head on one hand, looking at Jungwon fondly. Jungwon just nodded, continuing to munch on his croissant.

"It has strawberry jam inside it, I swear Sunoo would love this bakery..." Jungwon said.

"Speak of the devil..."

"Oh my god Riki look how adorable this is, it's total kawaii style! Look at all the sweets oh my god? Do you have pocket money please please pretty please!" Sunoo looked up at Ni-ki with big eyes, while his were locked on something else.

"What are you looking at Riki?" Sunoo said, letting go of his hand as he jumped in response.

"Oh hi guys! Haha, how are you two doing?" Sunoo said awkwardly, facing Jay and Jungwon who had disgusted expressions on their face. 

The boys just burst into laughter, leaving Sunoo embarrassed to the extent that he hit Ni-ki's shoulder. "Ouch! That hurts..." Sunoo just shrugged in response, sulking and making his way over to examine all the sweets on display. 

"By the way, he pronounced kawaii so wrong, it was hard to keep myself together." Ni-ki said and the boys laughed softly. 

"So, how is it that the two of you always come early together? Do you guys even own a clock?" Ni-ki asked, sitting down beside Jay. They both just shrugged, not bothering to answer. 

Sunoo quickly came back with two mugs of frappes, cute little kitty whiskers drawn on them. 

It reminded Jay of Jungwon. 'cute' he thought.