ch. 10

"This makes me happy, helping people. So thank you, thank you for making me happy right now."

Jay was too stunned to speak, curling up in a little ball, crying even harder. Jungwon just watched, he thought it was best for Jay to let it out, so he decided to not interrupt him.  What he said was true, helping others did give him joy. 

Jay calmed down after a short while, sniffling slowly. Jungwon gave him a tissue, and Jay muttered a muffled 'thank you'. Jay hasn't been taken care of like this for so long. He didn't cry this hard because of Heesung, Heesung had minimal things to do with this. He was just overwhelmed by everything - his grades, parents, friends, everything. 

"Let's go, lunch is gonna end soon and we have a council meeting to attend." Jungwon said, picking up Jay's and his bags. Jay wiped his last tear and nodded. They started walking to the third floor.

Jungwon opened the door, met with many of the student council members already there. Jay entered after him, eyes puffy from crying. Everyone also greeted him warmly. 

They waited a few more minutes until everyone showed up. Jungwon said: "Since we're all here, we can start where we left it off yesterday!" Everyone nodded, getting their little notebooks out. 

"So we need more candidates for the kissing booth since I'm not going to be able to be there all the time, I'm going to be busy managing all the booths for like three fourth's of the festival, there's a lot of other stands where I'm needed." he took a breath before asking "So does anyone have ideas for other people in the booth?" 

One girl volunteered, and everyone agreed, another person said they convinced one of his friends to do it - he was on the football team and was quite popular which was good. Another girl said her friend would do it, she was a cheerleader, which was even better for popularity. 

"How about you Jay? You're so popular!" A boy said and everyone agreed with him. They looked at Jay, waiting for a response. 

"I'll have to decline, I'd rather help manage the booth and bring traffic than kiss a million people in a day, sorry..." Jay looked down, sad that he couldn't bring himself to do it. Everyone was understanding though, saying it was only a suggestion and it's fine that he doesn't want to do it. 

Jungwon was quite disappointed though, if Jay was in the booth, maybe even he would pay to- never mind. He stopped his thoughts quickly. 

They carried on talking about the other booths, which included many arcade-style games, catch the ball, a food section, baking classes, and even adopt-a-kitty from the shelter part! Everyone liked that one the most, they all tried convincing their mom to get one, but most of them failed in that. 

They concluded their meeting but stayed overtime to make the kissing booth. The few of them went to the art room on the 2nd floor, greeting others doing the same thing. They picked up a few piles of wood, spray paint and got to work. 

Jay was pretty untalented when it came to art but he had a job to do. He needed to make a big letter "S" and paint it white. He took a big plank of wood, placing it on the humongous table in front of him. He took a bucket of clear white paint, putting it aside. 

It started pretty smoothly, taking a scalpel and roughly making the shape. He asked people around if it looked fine, and they all said it looked great, so he was confident already. He started cutting it out with a miniature saw. He was almost over before an accident happened. 

"Fuck!" He yelled, holding his hand in annoyance, breathing heavily. Jungwon noticed first, seeing a huge puddle of blood forming. He quickly made his way over dragging him to the bathroom while running. 

When they got to the bathroom, he quickly gave him paper towels to hold onto his palm before he started opening his bag. He found his medkit. He picked up everything he needed, but couldn't find any cloth or gauze to tie it up with. 

He panicked and started taking off his shirt. Jay looked at him in surprise, "Jungwon, what are you doing?" He said still breathing as heavy. Jungwon just responded with a little 'you'll see' and took it off fully. Jay noticed, biting his lip both from the pain and the sight. 

Jungwon tore the shirt sleeve with his teeth, wrapping it around Jay's injury carefully, spraying more disinfectant on his wound. Jay's eyes were still stuck on Jungwon's torso, finding something different on the right side of his ribs.

"Is that a tattoo?"