ch. 8

Jungwon woke up to the rays of sunshine seeping in through his window blinds. He woke up just a minute before his alarm rang, he was finally getting the hang of this sleeping schedule. Jungwon got up and put on his uniform. Since he woke up on time, he put on his general makeup - light foundation, concealer, brow powder, and mascara. He felt like something was missing, so he also made an eyeliner wing on the corner of his eye. 

he smiled, content with what he had done. He walked out of his room, his parents and his sister were gone. They left him some cake and orange juice. He smiled brightly, remembering it was his birthday and Jay's late night text message. He ate his food, quickly picking up his black bag with pink badges and making his way out of the apartment to the bus stop.

He boarded the blue bus, instantly spotting Jay in the same spot. Jungwon made his way over to Jay, taking a seat right next to him. They looked at each other for a while, laughing again.

"Thank you a lot for remembering my birthday, it means a lot!" Jungwon told Jay, a refreshing smile on his face. Jay cooed, 'he was adorable'. "Anytime" Jay responded, smiling as well. 

Jungwon noticed a big pink gift bag in Jay's lap. He raised one eyebrow, 'could this be for me?'. He decided to not ask but just wait and save himself from the embarrassment. Jay offered him his earbud quietly, and Jungwon gladly took it putting it in his ear. 

He heard a familiar song - rolling girl. He used to listen to this as a kid when he was in his emo phase. Hatsune Miku was basically like his savior. "You like vocaloid?" He asked Jay. Jay just nodded, looking out the window once again.

Jay's heart was beating so fast. He noticed the boy's eyeliner and makeup and it somehow made him even more beautiful than he was. Jay truly didn't know that was possible, but he couldn't look at him anymore or his heart would frankly escape his chest. 

They were at their stop, they both got up at the same time. Their hands brushed against each other, but both of them looked away, trying to suppress their obvious blushing. They bid their 'bye's' and went their own way, not wanting to be seen together by the pile of the students. Meanwhile, Jay's heart was beating even faster than before. He's idolized Jungwon for a while now, but it was all like a fantasy and not reality. 

There Jay didn't see his only friend, Sunghoon, anywhere so he decided to enter the school and headed straight for his science class. He was going to make an effort in school this year but it wasn't going all too well. He took his seat, looking out the window as he was alone in the classroom. He didn't even notice someone sitting next to him. 

It was a tall boy, messy, ruffled hair and he kept smiling at his phone. He looked oddly young to be here. He tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, my name's Jay, do you take this class?" He asked and the boy looked up at him.

"Oh yeah! I do, I skipped like 2 grades, I'm Ni-ki by the way!" He cheerfully said, sticking his hand out. Jay noticed, smiled, and shook his hand. 

"What's making you so happy Ni-ki? Your eyes are glued to that phone and you're giggling all the time." 

"Well, my boyfriend baked cookies yesterday, but they turned out terrible. I'm convincing him to let me see them, and he's using all these cute emoticons. Gosh, he's such an adorable klutz." He was smiling ear to ear, laughing between his words. Jay was all mushy now, the lack of romance in his life compared to a boy that was lots of years younger was astonishing.

God, did Jay wish he had someone to lean on.