ch. 14

Everyone's mouth was open agape. What just unfolded in front of their eyes would always be a mystery. What are they gonna tell their moms? That a man in a sheep costume was playing with cats that are being put up for adoption? Hell to the no, who would even believe that?

"Fancy seeing you guys here. " Jungwon said smirking weirdly, trying to wink but failing.

Everyone's face was stone cold, but in a matter of seconds, they started laughing their asses off. The words they muttered were inaudible, letting out sounds unknown to any other creature. Heesung fell to the floor, holding his stomach. Jay did the same, banging the grass with his right hand. Sunghoon and Jake on the other hand were all pressed up each other, nearly passing out.

Jungwon joined them as well, aware of what he's doing. Jungwon was late to the meeting today because he volunteered at a children's hospital. He played a sheep to cheer them up. And he was so scared to be late, that he didn't take off the costume.

And as soon as he saw the cats in the playpen, he had to pet all of them. That's why he was standing there like a madman. He soon explained that to the boys, who were both in awe of Jungwon's determination and laughing cause of his stupidity.

Everyone was laughing and having a good time until Jay coughed up a bit. Heesung looked at him but looked away since it passed quickly. After a while Jay started coughing a lot more and his skin started getting itchy.

At this point everyone was getting worried, asking Jay if everything was okay. Jay barely managed to breathe out: "epipen- in my... jacket!" That set Jungwon sprinting toward the art classroom searching for Jay's epi pen. He finally found it, a blue color epi pen.

He ran out quickly, trying to make it on time. He neared the playpen and saw Jay lying helplessly on the ground. He quickly sat down beside him and took out the epi pen from his left pocket, rolled Jay's sleeves up and shoved the epi pen inside a place on his wrist.

Jay slowly started coughing, his red rashes slowly getting better. Jungwon sighed in relief, for a second he thought it wouldn't work. Jay was finally able to sit up, he thanked Jungwon immensely.

Turns out, Jay is allergic to cats but he completely forgot and pet a lot of them. He called himself stupid, how couldn't he remember that he had a bad allergy to cats. The only cat he wasn't allergic to was Jungwon, or was Jungwon a sheep now?

He thanked everyone once more and slowly got up and stood in his place for a while. He was really dizzy and his head was pounding, but he swore he would get better soon. Jungwon still took him inside the school, sitting inside the physics classroom with Jay alone.

"How do you always get yourself in trouble? You're hurting yourself! Please, take care." Jungwon said slightly annoyed that he had to play prince on a white horse everyday.

Jay just looked down in embarrassment, nodding to Jungwon's statement. Jay was quite clumsy. In fact, a day he probably fell over ten times, earned himself a bruise or two and scarred his body unintentionally.

"Is your hand healing well?" Jungwon asked.

"Yeah my mom took a look at it, she said you did a great job." Jay smiled.

"Oh did she? She's a nurse right?" Jungwon asked Jay, curious about his mom since he never talks about her.

"Yeah, it's quite tough for her, but I admire her so much for it, she loves helping others any way she can." Jay smiled widely like never before and Jungwon noticed.

Maybe Jungwon's dream wasn't to become a lawyer anymore, maybe there were other ambitions he wanted to accomplish.

author's note!

you may ask why Jay gets hurt every chapter, no idea he's a clumsy soft boy!

Thanks for reading so far, I hope you're enjoying this! <3