ch. 6

Jungwon bumped into someone. 

"Ouch..." Jungwon said, holding his forehead wobbling over to the cold floor. 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! We weren't looking around, are you okay?" One voice said, Jungwon not recognizing it. He opened his eyes to be met with a surprise. Sunghoon and Jake holding hands, panting.

"OH- uH Jungwon hi! How are you doing my buddy?" Jake said, awkwardly scratching his neck while extending his arm for Jungwon to grab on to. Jungwon accepted, pulling himself up. 

"Jakey, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend! Oh wait, you're Jay's friend right-?" 

"That's me, hi Jungwon, I'm Sunghoon and it's nice to meet you. I'll take good care of Jak- ouch!" Sunghoon tried to win over Jungwon by that sentence, but Jake ruined it, hitting him with his elbow. Jungwon could only smile wide, happy seeing Jake like this. 

"Jake, don't you usually have football at this hour?" 

"Well- Jungwon you see I just skipped and I swear it's fine I'm advanced anyways... Let me have some fun Jungwon. But on another note, I'm really glad you met Sunghoon. You and Jay should join us sometime!" Jake grinned happily, looking eagerly at Jungwon. 

Meanwhile, he was panicking, he doesn't know why though. Nevertheless, he replied: "I'm sure we can all hang out sometimes! I'm happy for you both, so go on now I'll pretend I didn't see you two and have some fun!" he was sincerely happy for them both. 

The couple nodded, quickly running past Jungwon. Jungwon had a long day,

he finally peacefully made his way to the bus station, sitting on the bench. He took out a pink colored lollipop, opened the wrapper, and put it into his mouth. 'strawberry' he thought, it was his favorite. He looked around, taking in the city lights and countless cars passing him fast. 

His bus finally arrived and he hopped in, bowing lightly to the driver. Making his way to the middle of the bus, he saw a familiar face in the back - Jay. He smiled, noticing the boy with earphones in his ears as he was looking out the window. He went over to the back and took a seat beside him. Jay didn't even notice so he nudged him with his right elbow. 

Jay jumped up, thinking someone was gonna kidnap him. But his face softened when he was greeted with Jungwon's familiar faint smile. "Nice seeing you here" Jay said, smiling back. 

"Back to you." both chuckled "Well I just wanted to say, thank you for that idea at the student council, it's a really good idea, I don't appreciate getting thrown in to do it as much though..." Jay's face frowned "I get it so don't worry." His face lit up again. 

"I'm glad you liked the idea. Well, I'd offer you food or something but I've got none on me. Still, wanna listen to this song with me?" Jay offered, holding an earphone bud in his left hand. Jungwon nodded, taking it away and putting it into his ear. 

The familiar sound filled his ear, he couldn't quite grasp what song it was though. Then he remembered. A loud snort was heard from him which made Jay jump up, scared at the noise. 

"Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne- really? Are you going through a lesbian phase or something?" Jungwon laughed so hard like he never has as soon as he saw Jay's flushed face. 

"What, am I not allowed to have a bit of nostalgia in this life?" Jay said as he closed his 'nostalgia in the bus' playlist. They both looked at each other for a while until they burst into laughter. Jay stole his earbud back, while Jungwon persisted him to see all the songs in the playlist. Scrolling through the playlist, Jungwon himself had so many nostalgic moments.

As soon as he saw Sia songs, Katy Perry cringe fests, and Taylor Swift's Blank space he knew this man was a softie. "Are you a swiftie Jay?" he asked.

"A swiftie? What's that, an ice cream flavor or something? Never heard." Jay said, trying to get Jungwon's attention off of the answer. Jungwon pitied his attempt, finding it cute how such a tough boy could melt under Taylor Swift's songs. 

It was time for Jungwon to exit the bus, but Jay held him up for one last thing.

"Hey, can I get your number?"