-Chapter Sixty Six

Start from the beginning

Cara had tears in her eyes and so did I. "I miss you more." She said and shifted closer to me and gave me a hug.

"I miss you most." I muttered into the hug and we chuckled. We pulled away and wiped our tears.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted, it's just that—"

"Shhh," I stopped her, "you don't have to explain now. It's okay." She breathes out and nodded.

"I was about to make lunch. Care to join me?" She asked.

"Now how could I say no to a whole chef's meal?" I grinned, already preparing my tastebuds for deliciousness.

She helped me up and I followed her to the kitchen. It was not what I expected at all. I mean it was the same as last time I came to visit which is what surprised me.

"What happened to your dream kitchen?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Well, I decided against it." She shrugged and started taking out ingredients to make whatever she was making.

"So...you're pregnant." She said.

"Yes, seven months." I rubbed my belly. Her eyes went to my belly for a moment before they shifted away.

She cleared her throat, "I would've thought you're about to pop anytime now. I mean you're huge."

I looked at her with an offended face. "No, I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean you're—"

"No, I get it. I'm messing with you." I laughed at her till tears rolled down my eyes.

"Haha so funny." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm this 'huge' because I'm expecting quads." I said and she dropped the mixer.

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes."

"No freaking way!" She hugged me tightly.

"Yes freaking way." I chuckled as she didn't let go of her embrace.

She pulled away. "This calls for all the stops: lunch, ice cream, dessert, oreos, movies, like everything!" She said excitedly.

"You're an angel, they hardly let me eat anything but healthy food anymore." I said as my tummy grumbled.

"Oh you poor babies luckily Aunt Cara is here to rescue you from your food deprivation." She said and rubbed my belly before she got back to the food.

I sat back as I watched her prepare different kinds of food while we conversed like old times.

The food was ready and I dug in. Different kinds of finger food, desserts and many more was adorned on the dinner table while we still talked and laughed.

It was nearly 6.30pm when we finished the movie. Justin had called worried but I told him I was on my way home.

"I guess I have to go now, can I use the bathroom real quick. They are pressing on my bladder." I said and she nodded telling me to go ahead.

I quickly marched towards the bathroom but before I could get there a pain hit my back and I stopped to bend over in pain. Breathe.

Then the pain hit me again and I moaned out loud. Cara ran quickly tithe hallway.

"Lerato, what's wrong?" She asked as she crouched down by my side.

"Don't worry it's just bronston hicks. I'll be—" Cara and I gasped as we looked down at the pool below my feet.

"Dear Lord, please tell me you just peed on yourself." Cara said with wide eyes. Her eyes met mine and my face became one of horror.

Tears welled up in my eyes. I'm not ready to die. I still had a month. No, this can't be happening.

"Lerato calm down, is the pain too bad?" She then slapped her forehead.

"Of course it is. What a dumb question to ask. Wait let me call Justin."

"No don't—ahhhh!" I hissed.

Holy shit! I'm in labour.

*****

Yes, we've all been waiting for this one.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

XOXO
Khanya.