"Hello, Merlyin." You said, reaching out to her in friendly manner. Her hostility was given considering her position and your past with Lawrence. "Let me guess, you might be the woman who mend Lawrence's heart, huh? Don't worry I didn't came her to take him away from you so you can put your claws away."

Merlyin remained suspicious, slightly off put back by your straight forwardness. "So why are you here? Sir Lawrence has suffered enough heartache because of you, I don't want him to hurt again. He moved on so please don't drag him back."

Lawrence made a helpless expression while you grew more amused.

"Hey Lawrence, you got yourself a keeper." You said with a chuckle, finding her defensive stance cute. "Yeah, to answer your question the heartache you spoke of I came here to put a end to that but it seems it was quite unnecessary." You glanced at Lawrence. "But I'm glad you moved on Lawrence. You don't know how guilty I felt that day running off without giving you a proper answer. I'm sorry."

"You.... you came her to apologise? Isn't it too late?" Merlyin frowned, her hostility not subsiding one bit.

You chuckled nervously. You couldn't deny that, your apology was late.

"Merlyin, please." Lawrence said softly, putting a hand on her shoulder to calm her and Merlyin pursued her lips before reluctantly backing away.

Watching their interactions it began increasingly clear they were lovers.

Smiling softly at her compliance, Lawrence turned to you. "You didn't have to trouble yourself, (Y/n). My feelings weren't your burden, they never been. There's no need for you to feel guilty." Lawrence said, making his way to you. "I won't change a single thing that happened in the past neither do I regret anything, including my feelings for you. But I'm quite happy you remembered me and came here in person to meet me."

With a soft smile, Lawrence bowed his head in gratitude and you realised just how much he had grown up, both in body and mind.

"Geez, what are you saying?" You said, waving your hand in haste. "And stop bowing, you know I hate it and your girlfriend is going to incinerate me with her glare."

Merlyin huffed, crossing her arms and looking away.

Lawrence straighten up, shooting a soft look to Merlyin. "Please don't mind her. She might act like this but she's really a kind and sweet person."

His black eyes were softened, shimmering with love as he looked at her. A smile tugged at your lips.

"Ah, you really love her, huh?"  You mused, eyes drifting to Merlyin, "And from the way she's been glaring at me, she does too." Red creeped on their faces as they both grew flustered but neither of them denied it.

Your shoulder shacked, the weight of guilt fading away and happiness for him settled in. Though you felt bitter, not because you were jealous. No, it was because Lawrence had the strength to move on rather than to pine after someone he couldn't have unlike your past self who desperately clung to smallest crumb of hope. You always assumed Lawrence was similar to your past self with his timidness and kindness but you were dead wrong. Lawrence was strong whereas you were not.

You caught Merlyn eyes and she stiffened, looking away. You hoped your unwanted presence wouldn't cause misunderstanding between them. Especially now that both of their feelings were obvious.

"Hey Merlyin. I know it's awkward for you and I'm sure Lawrence told you about me. But rest easy, okay? I'm not a threat to you." You said rubbing your nape and Merlyin doubtful expression slowly melted away. "And take good care of Lawrence alright. He's a precious gem. Don't let him go, you won't find another one like him." You added with a grin.