Chapter 111 - Appearance of the Flames

Start from the beginning

The Mir Mountains is a very large territory comparable to the Taron Kingdom and having only a thousand citizens, they were scattered all throughout and were living independently while still being under the two kings' rulership.

Pier did that without him too.

He felt bad. He felt bad with himself for being incompetent to stand beside Pier and fight alongside him.

When was the last time the two fought?

Probably at the Mir Mountains when his master had gone to destroy the glowing rock.

"Not enough." He glared at particularly nothing and slashed his sword again. This time, a wave of force was produced and it cut the trees that were meters away.

"What is not enough?"

"Eek!" Gideon flinched at the sudden voice that spoke from a distance.

It was too sudden and he did not even get to notice it. The dragon residing inside him also did not feel the person approaching.

Slowly, he turned his head back and gulped when he saw who it was.

He was just as brilliant every time Gideon saw him. His royal clothes that were tailored into the finest clothes he had seen fit the king perfectly.

His hands were inside his pockets and there was a cloud of air that formed when he breathed due to the cold weather.

The cerulean blue eyes that contained the skies and the oceans were staring at him making Gideon stare boldly for a second. His white hair was like the small objects that fell from the sky and it was taking his breath away.

Pier was always beautiful.

He never saw a moment in his life where the young master- no, the king, had been ugly.

"Y-Your Majesty!" He hurriedly ran to Pier and kneeled in front of the royal.

Pier wasn't the young master now. He had a higher position.

A king, a royalty, a ruler.

While he had his head down low, his eyes widened when he heard Pier chuckle.

"You sound like you're meeting someone you don't know for the first time, Gideon." Pier commented and patted his head lightly.

"Raise your stance and be at ease." Pier's gentle voice entered his ears and the knight immediately followed.

"You look messy." Pier gave him a lopsided grin and grabbed something from his pocket.

"Wipe your sweat away, Gideon." He threw the handkerchief towards the latter and Gideon's breath hitched when the soft material landed on his hand.

The memory of him receiving Pier's handkerchief back at the Western Area the first time they met replayed in his mind for a short moment.

"B-But your majesty..."

"Hah, stop calling me your majesty. It feels weird." Pier flicked his forehead and even though it did not hurt, Gideon still covered the hit part with his hand while feigning a pained expression.

"Then what should I dress his majesty the king?" Gideon smiled when he realized that Pier did not change.

It was still the usual elegant and classy young master he served months before.

"Now that I think about it, I'm not the young master anymore." Pier looked at the sky and thought about the scenario.

It would be inappropriate for Gideon to still call him young master because that was no longer his title.