Chapter 110 - Recordings

Start from the beginning

"Do you know the punishment for the words you have spoken, Earl Woodlock?!" Asher raged and his eyes glowed red in anger.

"Y-Your highness!"

"Brother!"

Elena and Trevor barged in but Isaac instead of cowering from the fearsome eyes Asher had, he smirked in response.

"What? Is the Marquis going to punish me? Heh." He taunted and grabbed the handkerchief from his chest pocket.

"That traitor who caused thousands of lives to be lost from the explosion he initiated?!" His mocking smile started to penetrate Asher's patience and control.

"EVERYONE, LISTEN!" Isaac started to speak louder and the people lining outside looked at him.

"THE CRIMINAL'S DAUGHTER WILL PUNISH ME JUST AS HOW SHE PUNISHED THE SAINT'S KNIGHT!" Everyone's eyes widened at Isaac's claims and Elena was frozen in her spot.

"EARL WOODLOCK-" Red aura started to enhance Asher's hands as he formed them into fists, ready to knock Isaac down but he was interrupted with the screams from the people lining below.

"Kill the traitors daughter!"

"Punish those who tried to harm the saint and his knight!"

"BEHEAD LADY ELENA!"

They all screamed in unison and Elena's entire body trembled.

"ENOUGH!" Asher also retaliated and his Elena behind his back.

But it was no use.

Everything was in chaos.

The people outside the palace were not allowed to enter the premises of the building because the flu was contagious. But they were protesting.

The started banging the giant gates blocking them from entering and they all had menacing looks as they glared at the prince and Elena.

"THE LADY IS THE REASON WHY WE SUFFER!"

"ERADICATE HER!"

Her shoulders continued to shake until tears fell from her eyes.

Elena cried as she heard the people's comments about her. She never imagined meeting the prince and taking a stroll would turn out like this.

"Y-Your highness... hic..." She wept and clutched Asher's clothes alerting the royal in the process.

Asher's concerned gaze landed on her and instead of confronting the people from outside, he consoled her in his arms and headed inside. Not caring anymore whether people were starting to rampage.

The knights guarding the gates will take care of the matter and he knew that too.

Elena's fragile frame was more important than Asher arguing with the citizens of his kingdom.

There was nothing productive happening when he would continue to make them stop speaking such things thus, he chose to head back inside the palace.

The background noise of the people screaming profanities at the lady and the prince started to die down as they headed inside.

Asher was clutching Elena's waist gently and securely whilst the latter cried in his arms.

It hurts him seeing the lady cry like this.

But Trevor who was helping Isaac stand properly after taking in a blow from the prince's fists stared at them coldly.

Asher responded by slightly glaring at the noble.

Trevor Morata, the same young noble who accompanied him and Pier to their trip in the eastern district. The same successor who was talking with him about Pier's lessons a few months ago.