Chapter 106 - Gamble (2)

Beginne am Anfang

In a kingdom filled with the most hypocritical beings that masks the barrier of holy magic as something to be proud of but was truly meant to fend off the vampires that once resided there?

No.

He could not allow that.

Pier was too precious for him to lose.

The white-haired king was his other half and Ciaran did not know what to do if Pier were to be in danger and he cannot enter the place.

"No. I will not allow this!" He finally had the courage to beat his pounding heart and speak with his mind.

The reason why Ciaran was doing all of this was Pier and the latter would go alone inside?

"Pier, have you lost your mind?! They took over our kingdom by force, they are ruthless!" He warned with a frustrated expression.

But Pier still had that amused smile on his face.

"Have I lost my mind?" He inquired while removing the scarf and the coat.

"I did, Fenrir. I did." He chuckled and gently placed the garments on the dirty ground.

But that did not stop there.

Pier started to take off his suit exposing his skin to the harsh winter.

"Pier!" Ciaran tried to stop him but Pier was no longer having any of his hesitations.

Flame magic manifested on Pier's hands until it formed a sword.

Ciaran stopped midway.

The sword was pointed at his neck.

His feet were halted in his steps and he did not dare to make another move.

"I'm in euphoria right now, Fenrir. Let me do the things I want." Pier's eyes emitted a strange translucent glow. It was the same glow Ciaran saw earlier when Pier was highly amused of him submitting himself in the man's control.

"I can protect myself when I am in danger." He pointed the sword closer towards Ciaran's neck and the vampire king took a deep breath when it almost touched his throat.

"My king." Pier spoke with affections at the same time.

Ciaran was starting to believe Pier had lost a few screws back at the Taron Kingdom.

"I want to give you something in return for making me the king of your vampire kingdom." Pier spoke and Ciaran slowly nodded his head.

"If I want, I can simply destroy Heron Kingdom's palace and run away but that would not make any sense. I will call for you when you are needed, Fenrir." Pier lowered the sword down and despite the harsh bite of the cold winds, Ciaran was sweating due to the threatening flames.

Pier continued to remove his suit and he also placed it on the ground leaving him with his trousers alone.

"At... at least wear this cloak if you plan on going there bare, Pier..." Ciaran trailed off as he also started to removed his cloak.

"No, my lips need to be dry. I cannot go inside looking all healthy." Pier stopped him and Ciaran did as he was told.

But the vampire king did not know he would up be for more surprises.

Pier started to stomp on his clothes.

Ciaran could only watch with wide eyes as the white-haired noble was dirtying his clothes so much until it looked like it would be the one wore by beggars on the streets of human kingdoms.

"Pier, please tell me what you are planning." He pleaded and Pier glanced at him for a short second.

"I will go inside and view the place. You cannot teleport to places you do not remember or haven't seen yet, right? After all, it had been almost two decades since your kingdom was invaded." Pier gave him a heads up.