Chapter 70

Hi!

Without any doubt, this last trial day was one of the happiest days of Taehyung's life. He came out of the courtroom and walked towards the exit of the building with a serene feeling in his heart.

His left hand was circled around his father's right elbow as they slowly stepped forward. Fingers of his right hand were tangled with his father's, literally trapping the older man's whole arm in his hold.

What happened today made Taehyung happy. It made him feel as if he was just a little boy who was going back home with his father, when he was walking beside Mr Kim while clinging onto his hand.

They walked a bit more ahead, but then stopped, waiting for their lawyer to come to them. Mrs Choi was still talking with someone in the courtroom.  As Jungkook also went to their vehicle, there were only the two of them. Taehyung.. and his father.

Knowing that Mr Kim is going wait for Mrs Choi, the pretty male then rested his head on his father's shoulder and let out a contented sigh while slowly closing his eyes.

"I escaped from a cage that had been chaining me to endless misery." Taehyung whispered to himself in his mind.

"Misery?" He thought again.

As he knew how his usual nature is, he could tell exactly what would happen to him if he had to spend the rest of his life, in the way that he did in the past two years. So he knew that it was very reasonable to feel those experiences as miseries.

The pretty male tightened his hold around Mr Kim's arm and made himself more comfortable in his father's warmth, while recalling how their lawyer presented the details about the incident that happened in uncle Hojun's hotel.

No matter Dowon was there at the court or not, Mrs Choi even presented a medical report from doctor Namjoon, explaining about what Jihu had gone through because of the other.

A small smile adored Taehyung's face when he thought about how the court responded to those.

"Considering the new details that the counsel for the plaintiff  just provided, and also considering the past events and evidence.. the court decides that the defendant, Mr Jung Dowon appears as a person with inappropriate behaviour that puts their child at risk." The pretty male felt as if he could still hear those words from the judge.

He recalled how the judge announced that he got the divorce, with Jihu's full custody.

The most salient point of the whole case that he was thinking about was.. the court's order of stopping Dowon from having contacts with Jihu.  Yes..  with the information that the said senior lawyer gave to Mrs Choi being added, the court made an order, prohibiting Dowon from having contacts with Jihu in the future.

The pretty male's lips curved upwards beautifully for the third time before he let out a relaxed sigh because of the memories.

"Taehyung.." But soon, he stopped thinking further more, as he heard his father calling his name.

Mr Kim was looking at his son who was smiling alone while leaning onto his body. His son's soft fingers were tightly wrapped around his hand, while the latter's head was resting on his shoulder. They were standing in a corner of the court building. There were many people, but.. he was pretty sure that Taehyung didn't care.

Mr Kim smiled secretly. "Aish.. my big baby.." He then said in his mind and put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder.

"It's over now.." He then said. "It's all over.." He slowly repeated.