Chapter 66

In the next day of Jungkook's absence, Taehyung got to know a good news. And that news was.. about non other than their divorce case. The due date of their divorce case has announced. Therefore Taehyung immediately went to meet their lawyer with his father as soon as he got the information.

The scheduled due date was only two days apart. The pretty male's eyes shined when Mrs Choi stated that.

Mrs Choi had some serious conversation about the case  and told them about how they should prepare to face the case.

She was positive about winning. What made Taehyung even more happier was the support and encouragement he got from her. She said another senior lawyer is also helping her for Taehyung's case, making both Taehyung and Mr Kim surprise.

Thinking that Mrs Choi is doing her best to win this case, even by asking help from other seniors, the pretty male thanked her a lot, wholeheartedly.

They came home after hours of talking and discussing things with Mrs Choi. But at the evening of the same day, something strange happened. Mrs Choi called Taehyung again. It was not her call that made Taehyung stunned. Actually, it was what she said.

What she said made the pretty male's eyes grow wider.

"Taehyung, come meet me with your father. Dowon has sent the signed up divorce papers to me."  She said to the pretty male.

And that's all it took him to run searching for his father.

-- -- -- -- -- --

They reached Mrs Choi's office after about a half an hour from her call. Seeing the pretty male's impatient face, Mrs Choi decided to show them the signed divorce papers before doing anything else. Not only the papers, there was something else too.

Dowon has sent Mrs Choi a letter, asking her to give it to Taehyung.

The said lawyer handed it over to the pretty male, who kept looking at it with full of doubt. Both of the others could clearly see that he is questioning whether this is a trick or not. But then, with the encouragement of his father, Taehyung began to read it.

Taehyung,

All the three of us are leaving the country. But I'm not telling you where. We are going to sell everything we own here. Most probably, I'm already gone when this letter reach you. Also, I'm not going to show up at the final trial. I signed the documents and sent them to your lawyer. You will get the divorce as you wanted.

I don't remember what happened in the day that I took Jihu with me. But I can assure you, I did not do any harm to him. Maybe he got scared because I'm not someone familiar. I don't know if you would believe it. But, that's the truth.

As I'm going now, I'll tell you this as the last thing. If you want anything for the baby, now.. or in future, you can always ask me. All you have to do is contacting my past lawyer. I'm not coming back. So, this will be the day of our departure. Live a good life. Take care.. Both of you.

Dowon.

That was what the letter said. The pretty male read it again and again, couple of times. He then took the signed divorce papers to his trembling hand and stared at them with an expression, which was hard to read.

It felt strange to him. Dowon and his family tried their best to stop the case from continuing. Then why would Dowon sign the divorce papers willingly!

Did it actually happened? Just like that?!

The pretty male looked at his father with puzzled eyes.

"These are original. No fraud detected." Mrs Choi decided to speak when she saw the look in the pretty male's face.

"Taehyung, at the hotel of your father's friend, you gained some eye witnesses. One of the clients of the senior lawyer who I told earlier knew many details about Dowon that we could use as proofs against him. He even offered to help us voluntarily. With all the witnesses, we could even file a case of abusing. " She went on.

"I think they had finally realised that the win is in our hands. So they.. kind of.. ran away."  Mrs Kim explained to both Mr Kim and Taehyung.

When she finished explaining, the pretty male held his eyes on her desk without saying anything. But then, he hastily got up from the chair on which he was sitting.

"Papa, I'll come back after a minute. I need to make a call. " He then quickly excused himself and went outside, asking his father to continue the discussion with the lawyer.

As soon as he stepped outside, he then dialed Jungkook's number.

"Young mas-"

"Jungkook.. Dowon has signed the divorce papers!" The pretty male said hurriedly.

"He what?"

"He signed the divorce papers and sent it to our lawyer. Jungkook, he went to another country. He has sent a letter to Mrs Choi saying that he is already gone when the divorce papers would reach us.

"Then.. the trial? "

"It's scheduled to take place in two days. Dowon has said that he is not going to come to the court. He has said that he is going to sell everything they own here.." Taehyung said with a somewhat worried expression.

Jungkook listened to the other carefully.  "So that means.. He is not going to come back. " He then stated as if he was talking to himself.

"What a coward! Who knew things would be this easy! I should have talked to him earlier!"  Jungkook thought with a tsk after a second.

"Young master.. then.. you'll be able to take the divorce just in one trial.."  He told to the worried male.

"Yes Jungkook..  But.. Isn't this a bit suspicious. I don't trust him.. What if he is playing with us like the last time!" The pretty male asked with agonize.

Jungkook thought about what Taehyung had said for a little moment. "Young master.." He then addressed the other. "What did Mrs Choi said?" He asked.

"She said that no fraud detected. But.... " Taehyung let out a deep sigh.

"Young master.. give me some time. I'll search if he is actually gone or not. But.. If he is actually gone.. Then.. Are you okay with it?" The older male questioned.

"What do you mean Jungkook..?"

"If he actually left, we won't be able to punish him.." Jungkook explained.

Dowon has done many wrong things to the pretty male. He didn't know if it would make the other sad, knowing that Dowon could escape from everything easily.

"I don't want any more encounter with him. Getting the divorce is the first thing that I'm focusing on right now." But, the pretty male replied the opposite, making Jungkook break into a sweet smile.

"Okay young master. Don't trouble yourself by thinking about Dowon. I'll take care of him if something seem to be suspicious.. Be at ease now.." He then advised.

"But.. What would you do?"

"Leave it to me young master.. I'll come back tomorrow.. Let's talk after that. "  With the hope of meeting Taehyung soon, Jungkook then ended the call.

Jungkook didn't do anything to Dowon.. He just gave him a 'little' threat to stop him from doing something to stop the case like last time.

I'm not going write details on Jungkook and Dowon interaction..

Hope the chapter was okay.. 💜