Chapter 40

"Are you telling me to withdraw the case and to go back to Dowon Mama?" He questioned. "That's never going to happen. I'm continuing the case."  Taehyung said straightly.

But it didn't take much time for him to feel a painful lump in his throat. A hurtful expression began to invade the pretty male's face after some short seconds.

"Now I have to do these things all alone! You're also not helping. But it's okay. I get it Mama.." Taehyung said sadly while wiping the corners of his eyes, as he felt them getting wet.

"Taehyung... I'm not telling you to withdraw the case, but can't we like.. postpone it? Let's just skip today.. let's meet the lawyer tomorrow. Hmm? Let's talk with Papa first. I'll ask Papa to talk with the lawyer.."  His mother said while coming closer to him.

"Why are you doing this to me Mama? Did I file this divorce without telling you? No..you both were with me when I took this decision. But why are you behaving like this now!" Taehyung asked. His voice got shaky in the middle of what he was saying.

"But Tae.. Now.." Mrs Kim began.

"Now or back then.. Nothing has changed. How am I supposed to live with him Mama! I don't like to be with him..!"  Taehyung cut her off, not hiding that he is hurting by his mother's behaviour.

"But Tae...! What about this baby..? "  Mrs Kim questioned with a look of fear in her eyes.

"I can take care of him! I'm not going to let anything bad happen to him.."  Taehyung replied.

While this conversation was going on, Mr Kim also came into the living room.

"He is going to meet the lawyer.. "  Mrs Kim said to her husband after she saw him.

Mr Kim held his eyes on his wife in silence for a moment and then turned his head towards his son, who had a painful expression on his face.

"Tae.. Calm down son.." Mr Kim said when he saw that his son was about to cry. Taehyung got scared, thinking that his father will also try to stop him. Mr Kim noticed it. Therefore he looked at his wife and signed her to stop talking for a minute.

He let out a soft sigh before looking back at the pretty male.

"Tae.. your happiness is the only thing I want. I promise you. I'm not going to agree to anything that you wouldn't want." Mr Kim said while holding the pretty male's shoulders with both hands.

"Do you think you don't want to see if Dowon has actually changed or not?"  He asked calmly.

But the pretty male panicked, thinking that his father is trying to change his mind and to stop him. Therefore he began to talk.

"Have you also forgot the pain he gave me Papa? After everything, do I have to go back to him like a worthless beggar?" Taehyung asked. Tears began to pour down from his eyes as he let out these words.

"He was never there for me. He was never there for Jihu. My little baby got sick. Did he even give a call? Forget about that, he wasn't even there when Jihu was born!" The pretty male took a moment to gulp down the lump in his throat before going on again.

"You have no idea about the things that he have said to me. But Mama was there when he came to this house!" He said while pointing his finger at the direction where Mrs Kim was standing.

"She also heard the insulting words that he said to me!"  He went on with his wavering voice.

"Do you think that I'll be able to live with him? I'll rather die than going back to him! "  Taehyung said and cried his heart out.