Chapter 98 - Intentions and Reality

Start from the beginning

"Where are the others?" Gideon asked himself as the person finally died.

"They are hiding, Gideon." He laughed at the response he got from the dragon.

"I see. Lead me to them." The knight no longer had to search as his body instinctively turned towards the direction where the other knights were.

His footsteps were hollow yet daunting. The presence he possessed was fearsome and horrifying. No other person could look at him straight in the eye as they all laid there with slashes covering their bodies.

Gideon did not care.

He will kill as many as he could before he will start looking for the young master.

The forsaken kingdom who brought misery and despair upon Pier, it shall crumble within his hands.

'They've done it again.' He gritted his teeth in anger and his jaw tightened. The blood that smeared his face did not even bother him the slightest.

The kingdom had wronged the young master again.

He could not believe his eyes and ears.

Reuniting with Pier was the final reason for his rationality. Being beside Pier was the only thing that kept him from killing the king, the prince, even Pier's father.

"Hmmm..." He hummed as he walked.

Amidst the silent night, screams here and there erupted as the knight slaughtered every single person inside the palace's dungeon. He took the opportunity when everyone was in chaos outside to do his own plans.

The dungeon where he was tortured and beaten almost to death.

Even those who simply watched as he screams for his plea of seeing the young master for a single second, Gideon eliminated them too.

Parole was not in his dictionary right now.

"I'm glad the young master gave me food." He laughed lightly as he headed on a darker corner of the dungeon where one could not really see anything unless they carried a torch.

His steps continued to reverberate inside the seemingly empty place. The reason why a small amount of snow could be seen in the dungeon was due to the open windows that also contributed to the torture prisoners have to experience here.

There was no warmth. Only the cold and ruthless days where they had to take a piece of their limbs off as frostbite enclosed them.

"Hmmmm..." Gideon hummed again, stopping in his steps.

His sword made a clanging noise when he slightly moved his body and it shook the other person hiding inside the room.

"You." Gideon spoke without changing his gaze. He just stared straightforward.

The trembling knight did not respond which made Gideon click his tongue in annoyance.

"You were one of the House of Masters' knights, aren't you?" He asked as his eyes glowed into a bright light blue color.

He turned his body to the direction where he sensed the other person's presence.

"Immediately abandoning the young master when the bombing happened and taking shelter as a member of the Marquis' forces..." He stated and the other knight trembled further in fear.

He knew who the person talking was.

Gideon Woodlock, the House of Masters' War Commander and the young master's personal knight.

One of the most powerful and talented knights in the kingdom.

He knew he had zero chances of winning even if he held his sword right now. The cowardice consuming his body and creating a strong sense of fear within his mind.