Chapter 57

Y/N's Pov

You pack away the sandwiches into a large picnic basket before waving goodbye to Usi and your co-workers as you make your way back to the Autobot cave. The beach is populated with happy families, loving couples, and lone sunbathers. You sneak around a couple of people, secretly slipping behind a couple of rocks to get into the cave. You walk the dripping and thin hallway before entering the large, open cave. You smile as you see the Autobots and Decepticons mingling awkwardly. Megatron and Optimus are shaking hands while they chat about the good old days.

"Hey, I brought lunch!" you exclaim as you draw closer to the group.

"Yes! Food!" Miko cheers as she rushes toward you and helps you unpack your basket.

You lay out the food on a large flat rock, spreading out the different selections of sandwiches and juice boxes. Everyone thanks you as they pick out what they want and resume talking with the merformers. You glaze around and see Thalassa and Miko happily chatting with Bulkhead, Wheeljack, and Breakdown, Thelonious appears to be having an intellectual conversation with Ratchet and Ultra Magnus, and Jack and Raf converse with Bumblebee and Arcee. You smile and make your way to where Knockout and Starscream are in a corner with a bunch of Decepticon merformers that look identical to each other.

"Hey, doll!" Knockout calls to you as you get closer to them.

You smile and wave as you scale a couple of rocks, careful not to crush the sandwich and juice box in your hands.

"Come meet ST3V3 (Steve)," Starscream tells you as you sit down on a rock near them.

"ST3V3, Y/N. Y/N, ST3V3," Knockout says, while gesturing at the both of you.

ST3V3 waves shyly at you while you give him a friendly smile and wave back. The Decepticons return to their conversation as you unwrap the sandwich and begin eating.  You once heard Starscream talk about these merformers before.  They were almost like brothers, all identical, and follow Megatron's every command.  But, they seem to enjoy the work and serving a purpose to a cause.

"What are you eating, Y/N?" Starscream asks curiously as he points at your lunch.

"It's a human food that involves smashing ingredients between two slabs of grains and yeast," you jokingly explain as you take another bite from the f/f (favorite filling) sandwich.

"Can I have a bite?' Starscream asks as you nod and tear off a bit of your sandwich, not wanting him to get the rest of your sandwich soggy with his wet claws.

Starscream carefully chews on the bread as you examine his face. His eyes light up as he swallows.

"That was really good, can I have some more?" Starscream asks as he gives you a sheepishly grin.

"Of course," you laugh as you stand up and rush back to the picnic basket to grab some spare sandwiches and some juice boxes.

You offer the sandwich to Starscream with a smile and give Knockout one too. Knockout gives you a confused look before taking a bite and telling you it is delicious. You nod and help them insert the straws into the apple juice boxes and give them to your boyfriends as well.  You laugh loudly as you have to explain how to use the straw to drink the sweet juice.  Knockout sucked on the straw, learning the fastest and giving you a naughty look.  Starscream took a while longer, finding the straw too pokey and stabbing the roof of his mouth often.  You grin as you finish your lunch, thoroughly amused by your boyfriends trying human for the first time.

A/N: Hey, y'all. I know the plot is going pretty slow, I just want to actually formulate the ending before I rush into it. But, I wanted to know: would you guys prefer becoming a merformer at the end or Knockout and Starscream becoming human instead? Or, I might just do both? I would love your opinions though.