Chapter 29

Megatron's Pov

I had just finished my meeting with Starscream and needed a break from his whining attitude, so I thought I would leave the cave and go for a nice swim in the big, wide ocean. But, when I surface at the cave island, something runs right into me. Mind you, it was a weak attack and wasn't enough to make me fall. I turn to see my attacker, and I am very surprised to see Knockout with a horror stricken look on his face.

"What is the meaning of this Knockout?!" I roar.

Knockout looks over to his friends and the humans on the island, but does not respond to my question.

"Maybe it is time we played a different game," I hear Y/N say.

"What are you humans doing?" I ask, genuinely curious, but hiding my curiosity with a scowl.

"We are playing some human games," Breakdown explains.

"It must be a very fun game if you get to attack each other," I reason, wanting to join in on the fun.

"Actually, Knockout just got mad at Soundwave and lunged at him. These games are not supposed to be violent," Thelonious explains, a soft grimace on his lips.

I frown, but decide to stay and terrorize the humans a bit more to let off some steam.

"I will join you in these pesky games. What are we playing now?" I ask, trying to sound uninterested and detached.

"We should play a physical game now. What about Hide-and-Seek?" Thalassa offers.

The merformers look at each other in confusion and Thalassa sighs before explaining the rules.

"Hide-and-Seek is a game where everyone hides and one person tries to find them all," Thalassa says.

"Oh, sounds like fun. Do we get to partner up?" Knockout asks.

Y/N shrugs, "Sure, only if you want to."

I note that Knockout has a glint in his eyes after Y/N answers his question, but I brush it off.

"Okay, I'll be the referee. Who wants to be it?" Thelonious asks.

"Don't you want to play too?" Breakdown asks, sounding concerned.

"I just don't want to get wet. So, who is going to be it?" Thelonious says before repeating his previous question.

"I'll be it, so you better start swimming," I say, giving everyone a menacing smile.

"Point taken," Thalassa says before jumping into the water and swimming away.

Breakdown follows Thalassa, Soundwave just silently dips below the water's surface, Y/N gracefully dives into the water, and Knockout follows Y/N.

"So what do I do now?" I ask the only human remaining.

"You count down from 20 and say 'ready or not here I come' when you finish the countdown," Thelonious explains.

"And what happens when I find someone?" I question, watching the male sit down on the sand.

"They are out of the game and the first person you find is 'it' next," Thelonious says.

"I don't get to punish them or anything for being weak and bad at hiding?" I ask, confused why this human game was so poorly created.

"No! Of course not, they are just out of the game," Thelonious exclaims, fear in his eyes.

I smirk, glad that I scared someone.

"Okay, here I go. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5..." I begin to count down.

Y/N's Pov

"Why are you following me?" you ask when I realize that Knockout is following you.

"I don't know what to do and I just wanted someone to protect me," Knockout says, sounding truly scared at the idea that Megatron is 'it'.

"Okay, do you know a good hiding place?" you ask, looking around your surroundings.

"Yes, follow me," Knockout says before putting you on his shoulder and swimming away.

"There is a hidden cave in the medbay," Knockout tells you as he swims.

"How do you know about this secret cave?" you ask.

"Because I am the medic and I accidently got stuck in the hidden cave one time," Knockout explains, blushing in embarrassment as he remembers how he found the hiding spot.

You giggle and smile as Knockout continues to swim.