Chapter 39

A/N:  I hope you all enjoy Labor Day weekend!  If you're in school, like me, cherish the extra day of relaxation, but if you aren't in school yet, prepare for the torture of academic education.

Knockout's Pov

"So, what did Starscream want to talk to you about?" I ask as I approach Y/N.

"Something that I need to talk to you about," they respond, looking into my eyes.

"Am I in trouble?" I ask, just joking around a bit.

"No, I just need to ask you an important question," Y/N tells me.

I look at them expectantly as they take a deep breath.

"Starscream just confessed his love to me...and I might like you and him both," Y/N says, quietly.

"What?" I ask, genuinely confused. Starscream likes Y/N? And Y/N likes him back?

"I wanted to ask you, if you are comfortable with it, could we adopt Starscream into our relationship. I think he deserves at least a chance," Y/N explains as I stand there in shock.

Is Y/N replacing me? Would Starscream even treat them right? What if this is the human way of telling someone they don't like you anymore?

"Knockout? Are you okay?" Y/N asks, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need a minute to process that," I explain.

"It's okay if you don't want to let Starscream join, but at least consider giving him a chance," Y/N reassures.

I nod as my thoughts begin to overwhelm me again. My mind begins to wander down other paths about how this could go. I could get left behind, Starscream could take all of Y/N's attention, I could be forgotten, Starscream could take all of Y/N love...

"I just need more time," I sigh.

"That's okay. It's your decision and I know that it's a difficult one," Y/N responds, calming my nerves as they rest their hand on mine.

"Thank you. I will try to tell you my answer by at least tomorrow," tell Y/N as I put them on my shoulder and swim out of the cave.

We swim all the way to the island and find Breakdown, Thalassa, and Thelonious all playing some sort of game involving weird paper things.

"What took you guys so long?" Thelonious asks as he places four of the paper things down in front of him.

"I misplaced the seaweed wraps and Y/N had to help me find them," I lie.

Breakdown eyes me suspiciously, but doesn't say anything.

"So, what are you guys playing?" Y/N asks, redirecting the conversation.

"Go Fish," Thalass says as she puts down four cards too. "We're almost done so we can deal you into the next round."

I nod before leaning my head closer to Y/N.

"How do you play this game?" I whisper.

"Oh, it's easy. Your goal is to get four cards with the same number. You have to ask different players if they have the number you want, and if they do they have to give you their cards, but if they don't you have to take a card from the pile in the middle. Once you have four cards of the same number, you put them down in front of you. And the person with the most piles wins," Y/N carefully explains.

"I get it. Thanks, doll," I smile as I put Y/N down on the sandy island.

Y/N sits down next to their friends while I lean over to Breakdown.

"What are numbers?" I whisper to him.

"I have no idea, I've just been matching these weird line shapes," he says pointing to the numbers and letters on the card.

"Okay, got it," I respond before returning my attention to the game.

"Damn it. Thalassa wins, again," Thelonious groans as his sister takes his final card.

"I only win because I'm aggressive and I remember where all the cards are," Thalassa tells him as she moves the deck in her hands.

Thalassa bends the cards, causing them bend and shuffle together. Breakdown and I both watch mesmerized as Thalassa does it a couple more times. Then she passes out 5 cards for each player and the game begins.