Tereza Halasa

Tereza Halasa)

Tereza Halasa was born in 1954 and she died in 2020, she managed to become a living legend who inspired us to fight against the oppressors without fearing them.

She's one of those who irritate the occupation because she represents everything they fear, she represents freedom, justice, and pride.

She was born in Aka city in north Palestine, her father is from Karak city in Jordan, he came to Palestine in 1946.
Her mother is from Al-Ramla village in Aka.
She finished her high school education in Terasanta school in Aka, then she studied Nursing in the English hospital in Aka city.

Tereza decided to join Fateh and started working in ( Aylol Osod) group, which means the lions of September in English.
She believed that women had the right to fight back against the occupation in the front rows.

The reason why she decided to join the resistance, goes back to when she traveled to Al_janin city, she saw how bad the Israeli soldiers treated her Palestinian brothers and sisters which made her frustrated and angry.
She then traveled to Lebanon and met an officer from Fateh movement, who questioned her, because he feared she would be a spy sent by Israel, but when he made sure she was 100% patriotic Palestinian, he told her to take it easy cause she was still young (under 18), she responded that if she wanted to wait she would have waited in Palestine.

Fatih military command hired Tereza along 3 others for Sabina airplane kidnapping mission.
The other 3 were Ali Taha
Abo_sanina (45 years old) From Jerusalem Sabina airplane was his 3rd kidnapping mission.
Abed_alaziz Atrash (33 years old) and Reema Tanosh (25 years old).

The 4 of them only met each other on the night of the mission.
They traveled to Roma from Lebanon with fake Lebanese passports, and from Roma they traveled to Germany where they got their fake Israeli passports, then they traveled to Belgium.
On the 8th of the same month, they took the Sabina plane which was heading to Israel, they were armed with 2 guns, 2 hand bombs, and 2 explosive belts.

After a short stop in Vienna, the plane took off again, and after 20 minutes the zero moments for them arrived.
The squad knew the plan, Ali Taha controls the Cockpit, Zakaria guards the entrance of the cockpit, Tereza in the middle of the plane, and Reema at the end of the hall.
In the cockpit, Ali ordered the pilot to take the plane to lod Airport (Ben Gurion Airport now).

When they arrived at the airport, they announced their demands of releasing the Palestinian prisoners in exchange of the hostages.
The Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs Moshe Dayan and the Minister of Transportation Shimon Perez were stalling the negotiations, to gain time while the special forces break in the plane and attack the Palestinian squad.

It was decided in the original plan to explode the plane in case they didn't accept their demands after 6 hours, but the leadership in Fatih ordered the martyr Ali taha to extend the time limit to another 6 hours, and when the other 6 hours were over, they ordered another, which caused Tereza to get mad, and she threatened to explode the belt she had, after what she said, Ali took the explosive belt from her and gave it to Reem.

The Israeli leadership agreed with their demands at first, then they kept stalling with the Procedures Under the pretext of transferring the prisoners.
In the meantime, Ali Taha was trying to call Abo_Eyad through the wireless.
" After that Ali called Abo_Eyad and it was the last call," Tereza said.

An hour before the time ends, a red cross agent came in a car with a food vehicle, along the other 15 people who pretended to be Technicians, and they spread around the plane as if they were checking for any damages.

Then out of nowhere, they started attacking from the windows, the technicians were actually a special force squad, and among them was Benjamin Netanyahu who got shot by Tereza Halasa but unfortunately he survived.

The two martyrs Ali and Abd_alaziz died during the Attack, while Tereza got injured and Reem got captured.

Later, Tereza and Reem were among the Palestinian prisoners who the Munich mission heroes wanted to exchange with the Israeli hostages.

Reema was sentenced with a lifetime sentence, while Tereza was sentenced with 240 years, but she was released in November 1983 in a hostage exchange.